Student and parents are enjoined to co-operate with officials by following the procedure outline below:
1. Shuttle buses will be available to convey students with their belongings to designated hostels. Please note that parents will not be allowed to accompany their wards to the hostels.
2. All student must come along with originals of their receipts/tellers and letters of admission.
3. Upon arrival in the Crown Estate Gate, please report to the Finance Officer with the documents stated in (2) above, after which a bed space will be assigned to you. You will stay in the space allocated to you throughout the 2016/2017 academic year except the authorities of the University deem it fit to effect a change.
4. Allocation of hostel is strictly on the basis of first-come first- served.
5. All students must reside in the hostels, as the University authority does NOT permit off-campus residence.
BSERVANCE OF HOSTEL RULES
In addition to hostel regulations contained in the student Handbook, the following rules shall apply in the hostels:
1. Cooking must be done only in the areas designated as kitchenettes.
2. Fighting and bulling of any sort strictly prohibited: violation of this rule will be met with summary expulsion.
3. The University maintains a zero level tolerance policy on cultism and other social vices. Violators will be summarily expelled.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE HOSTELS
- Bed sheet sets with bed spreads
- Laptops and personal computers are allowed but safety is at owner’s risk
- Room size radio, tape recording, or CD players at Owner’s risk, to be used only without inconveniencing
- Electric kettles are allowed, but can only be used in designated areas
- Rechargeable lamps are allowed, but must be maintained at owner’s risk.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Other hostel residents
- Low neck line clothes, spaghetti straps tight clothes
- Any cloth that reveals upper extremities, mid riff or other suggestive areas of the body or make for indecent dressing.
- Television or heavy stereo system with loud speakers.
- Generators, satellite TV (DSTV, HITV, etc.).
- Air conditioners
- Weapon of fire arms of any kind
NOTE: 100 LEVEL STUDENT ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN/DRIVE CARS ON CAMPUS