Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed Undergraduate Degree Programmes in the Distance Learning Centre, University of Ibadan, under the Centre’s new Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Platform for the 2016/17 Academic Session. The under-listed are the available Courses and their duration:
FACULTY OF ARTS1. B.A. English (4 & 5 Sessions)
2. B.A. Philosophy and Public Affairs (4 & 5 Sessions)
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES1. B.Sc. Psychology (4 & 5 Sessions)
2. B.Sc. Economics (4 & 5 Sessions)
3. B.Sc. Political Science (4 & 5 Sessions)
FACULTY OF EDUCATION1. Bachelor of Social Work (4 & 5 Sessions)
FACULTY OF ARTS
Entry Requirements for Ordinary Level Applicants – 100 Level (5 Sessions)5 O/L Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings -including English Language, Literature in English, an Arts subject and any other 2 or 3 subjects. Department of English REQUIRES Literature in English.
For Direct Entry (4 Years)Candidates with at least 2 A-Level papers, NCE or equivalent plus 5 O/L Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings including English Language, Literature in English (for the Department of English) and ANY other combination of Arts subjects are eligible for admission into the four 4-Session Programme. Mature candidates with relevant Diplomas and the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in any discipline are qualified to apply for the 4-year Direct Entry Programme in B.A. Philosophy and Public Affairs. Department of English requires a Pass in English Literature at A/L GCE, or at the Principal Level in HSC Examination or at least a Merit in NCE and one other Arts subject.
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
Entry Requirements for Ordinary Level Applicants – 100 Level (5 Sessions)
Department of Psychology5 Ordinary Level Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings including English Language and a Pass in Mathematics and ANY one subject from the Social Sciences.
Department of EconomicsCandidates must have 5 Credits at ONE sitting or 6 Credits at TWO sittings which should include Mathematics, Economics and English Language and any TWO of Arts or Social Science subjects.
Department of Political ScienceCandidates must have 5 Credits at ONE sitting or 6 Credits at TWO sittings which should include Government or History, English Language and ANY other 3 subjects plus at least a Pass in Mathematics.
Entry Requirements For Direct Entry (4 Sessions)
Department of PsychologyCandidates must possess 2 A/L Passes including Government or History plus 5 O/L Credits at ONE sitting or 6 O/L Credits at TWO sittings including English Language plus a Pass in Mathematics AND any ONE subject from the Social Sciences.
NCE: NOT lower than a Credit Pass.
HND: NOT lower than a Credit Pass from any discipline.
NURSING: Registered with Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council (RNM).
B.Sc: NOT lower than a 3rd Class from ANY discipline.
Department of Economics· Candidates must have 2 A/L Passes or its equivalent but O/L Credits SHOULD include Mathematics and Economics.
· In addition to the above requirements, holders of HND/ND/OND/NCE/Diploma Certificates in the Faculties of the Social Sciences, Science and Education of accredited and recognised tertiary institutions can be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements.
· Holders of Bachelor's Degrees from Arts, Education, and Social Sciences may be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements.
Department of Political Science· Candidate must have any 2 A/L Passes plus 5 Credits at O’Level in WASSCE/GCE/NECO including English Language and Government/History and ANY other subject from Social Sciences or Arts at ONE sitting or 6 Credits at TWO sittings (with at least a Pass in Mathematics).
· In addition to the above requirements, holders of (a) Higher National Diploma (HND) (b) Ordinary National Diploma (OND) (c) Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) and (d) Diploma Certificates in the Faculties of the Social Sciences, Sciences, Arts and Education of accredited and recognized institutions of higher learning can be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements.
· Holders of Bachelor’s degrees from Arts, Education and Social Sciences may be admitted without prejudice to prescribed O/L requirements.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Entry Requirements for Ordinary Level Applicants – 100 Level (5 Sessions)
Departments of Social WorkCandidates must have 5 Credits at O/L including English Language at ONE sitting or SIX Credits at TWO sittings in SSCE /WAEC /NECO.
For Direct Entry (4 Sessions)
Department of Social Work (4 Sessions)Holders of Diploma or OND in Social Work: NCE, General or Mental Health, Nursing Certificates, (R.N., RM etc) Diploma in Adult Education and Community Development, Diploma in Cooperative Studies or Diploma in Industrial and Trade Unionism from Institutions recognized by the University of Ibadan for the 4-year programme. In addition, candidates must also have at least five Credits in GCE O/L /SSCE/NECO, including English Language at ONE sitting or SIX Credits at TWO sittings. Holders of first degree from the University of Ibadan and any recognized University who are interested in BSW may also apply.
Teaching Subjects:The following Teaching Subjects are available for candidates under Faculty of Education:
Political Science (Government or History), Christian Religious Studies, Yoruba, English (Literature in English), Geography. Please, ensure you have a requisite O’Level in respect of any of the subjects.
Programmes in View: Departments of Sociology, Nursing and others.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS1. Maturity Criteria (for 5-Year Programmes Only) Candidates who do not possess the above qualifications may apply on the grounds of maturity/work experience. Such candidates must be at least 26 years old and must provide the following information: academic qualification(s), professional experience, self appraisal of professional competence and recommendations from competent individuals. An oral interview and a literacy test would be part of their selection process. Further details will be provided to applicants.
2. Fast Track (only in the Faculty of The Social Sciences) Candidates with HND, Bachelor and Higher Degrees can be considered for a fast track programme in the Faculty of The Social Sciences. A fast track student will be able to conclude his/her programme a session earlier than the normal duration. The implication of this is that, this category of students will have to offer more courses to enable them fulfill the requirements for graduation during the period.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONEntrance Examination (For Candidates with O/L Qualifications ONLY) Applicants are required to take an Aptitude, Communicative and IT Competence Test as part of the admission process. The test would incorporate elements of computer literacy, familiarity with DLC Portal/Website (http://goo.gl/SS4fc), basic knowledge of the Open Distance Learning mode and general knowledge.
METHOD OF APPLICATION1. Application form is available on payment of application fee of N10, 500 only and should be completed online (http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng/home/Applicants )
Online Card/E-Payment Method : Applicants can Sign On using this link from the home page at http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng/home/Applicants AND fill the requested information on all boxes and select CARD payment option in available option to make payments using any ATM card accepted by Interswitch.
3. The application fee is only payable on the platform of selected banks and their branches all over the country as advertised on the portal.
APPLICATION PROCEDUREGo to http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng
Under the Prospective Students tab, click the new applicants link
Scroll down the notification page, then click on Create an account
Fill in the application form, then click sign up (once that is done, an account will have been created)
Once your account has been created, go back to the portal (newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng) and click returning applicant
Login using the username and password you created to access your profile
Once you are logged in, click on generate reference
To pay at the Bank
Once you have generated your reference, print and take to any bank to make the payment
Once you have made the payment, wait a few hours for the money to reflect on your portal
To pay using ATM Card
Copy the RRR Code generated for you
Click “Here” link (this will direct you to the remita page)
Input “University Of Ibadan” in the Who do you want to pay textbox
Input the generated RRR Code (Remita Retrieval Reference) you copied earlier
You will be directed to a page that will ask “How do you want to Pay?”
Under the "Pay Now with Cards or Wallets” Header, kindly pick your card type by clicking the appropriate logo that applies to your bank card(Verve, Mastercard or Visa)
You will then be redirected to select (from a drop down option) your type of card
Input your Card Number, CVV2 (last three digits on the reverse side of your card), Card Expiry date, Pin and click on the Pay button.
After a successful payment, you will receive a confirmation mail in the email address you earlier provided.
Visit your portal and start filling/uploading the necessary details e.g O’level result and other necessary information/documents needed for your admission.
APPLICATION DEADLINEClosing date for the application is 15 November,2016
HELPLINES/ENQUIRIESFor further information,
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Line: 08077593552, 08077593559.
Land Line: 08159694091, 08159694092 (8.00am – 4.00pm) Monday to Friday only.
Please note that:· It is very important that you visit www.dlc.ui.edu.ng to study the detailed admission requirements, processes and mode of study as well as other important information before applying.
· The entire Admission process is online.
· Any candidate that makes any cash transaction with individuals or group OR PAY INTO A WRONG Bank or Account DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
· The Distance Learning Centre of the University of Ibadan DOES NOT HAVE any representative/partner/collaborator in respect of its Degree programmes.
· For further information, please visit www.dlc.ui.edu.ng