The Managements of the Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU) has published the 16th and 17th convocation ceremonies schedule and notice to all graduands.
See below for the schedule.
|Sunday, March 19, 2017: 9:00am||Sunday Worship (Inter-denominational)||BSU Good shephard Chaplaincy|
|Tuesday, March 21, 2017: 10:00am||Press Briefing by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Msugh Moses Kembe||Senate Chanber|
|Thursday, March 23, 2017: 7:00pm||Convocation Play||Arts Theatre Complex|
|Friday, March 24, 2017: 4:00pm||Convocation Lecture||College of Health Science Auditorium|
|Friday, March 24, 2017: 7:00pm||Vice Chancellor’s Dinner||VC’s Lodge|
|Saturday, March 25, 2017: 9:00am||16th & 17th Combined Convocation Ceremony (Award of Degrees, Diplomas and Prizes)||Convocation Square|
|Sunday, March 26, 2017: 10:00am||Thanksgiving Service (Interdenominational)||Good News Chapel, BSU|
1. All principal Officers, Provost and Members of Senate shall process. Heads of Units and other members of staff are requested to attend the occasion.
2. Each graduand will be required to make a bank draft of two thousand, five hundred naira (N2, 500) non-refundable fee at any bank of their choice and proceed to change the draft to receipt at the Bursary Department of the University. Graduands are to present the receipts to their Faculty Officers or the Secretary, Postgraduate School for collection of Convocation gown and a copy of the order of proceedings for the 16th and 17th Combined Convocation Ceremonies.
3. Faculty Officers and Secretary, Postgraduate School are to keep receipts issued to candidates.
4. The Academic Office (Store Officer) will issue appropriate Convocation gowns to the Faculty Officers and the Secretary, Postgraduate School for onward lease to graduands of respective Faculties who would have paid the fee of two thousand, five hundred naira (N2, 500).
5. All Principal Officers, Provost and Senate members are to detail all staff to collect their Convocation gowns from the Academic Office (Stores Officer) for the ceremony, please.
6. Graduands should return the Convocation gowns to the Faculty Officers and the Secretary, Postgraduate School for onward submission to the Academic Office (Stores Officer) on or before Wednesday, 29th March, 2017.
7. Late return of gowns will attract a fine of N100.00 per day payable to the Bursary Department of the University.