THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, ILARO OGUN STATE 2017/2018 ADMISSION INTO NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
1.1 SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:Departments: Office Technology and Management (Secretarial Studies) and Mass
1.2 SCHOOL OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCE:Departments: Computer Science and Science Laboratory Technology.
1.3 SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES:Departments: Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Business Administration &
Management, Marketing and Public Administration.
1.4 SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING:Departments: Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering and
Duration of all programmes: 4 Semesters (Part- Time)
2.0 ND (PART- TIME) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
2.1 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS(i) A minimum of five credits obtained in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings.
(ii) All candidates are expected to consult the institution’s prospectus on the portal or in hard copy to ascertain their qualification for courses for which they are applying. Candidates should not register for courses for which they do not have the requirements. The admission of the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro is provisional; ANYTIME it is discovered that a candidate registered for a programme for which he/she is not qualified; the admission would be withdrawn.
N.B. No fee paid to the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro is refundable
2.2 REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISEAll candidates are required to bring the following to the screening centre:
(i) Original and photocopy of the printout of the acknowledgement and examination slips.
(ii) 2D Pencil.
3.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONCandidates seeking admission into the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro are required to complete the Institution’s Application Form available online at: www.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng/portal with effect from 11th May, 2017.
4.0 General Information* The closing date for the submission of ND Application Form is Friday 11th August, 2017.
* To obtain the admission form, visit the Institution’s website www.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng and click on portal
* On the portal, click on Applicant, then click on Generate Invoice.
* Take invoice to the bank for payment and obtain Confirmation Order Number
* Please note that the CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER must be obtained in the name of the applicant. The authorized banks for this exercise are:
(i) United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc (ii) WEMA Bank Plc
(iii) Skye Bank Plv (iv) Union Bank Plc
(v) Ilaro Poly Micro-Finance Bank (vi) Access Bank Plc
* Return to the portal, click on Applicant, then click fill application form.
* Direct enquiries to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.0 SCREENING EXERCISE (ND PART - TIME)Screening exercise for ND (Part-Time) Programmes would hold as follows:
1. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYMonday 14th August, 2017
- Office Technology and Management Department
- Mass Communication
2. SCHOOL OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCESMonday 14th August, 2017
- Computer Science Department
- Science Laboratory Technology Department
3. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERINGTuesday 15th August, 2017
- Computer Engineering Department
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
4(a) SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIESTuesday 15th August, 2017
4(b) SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIESWednesday 16th August, 2017
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Public Administration
Venue of the screening exercise is the Polytechnic ICT Unit, West Campus.
Time: 10.00 a.m. each day.
N.B. The entrance examination is computer based.
A. F. OSORE (MRS)