The National Universities Commission (NUC) has announced the 100 % results of another round of Accreditation exercise recently carried out at Al-Hikmah University. In a statement signed by the Executive Secretary of the Commission, eleven out of the thirteen programmes put forward for accreditation by the University secured Full Accreditation while two of the programmes secured Interim Accreditation.
Breaking the news at an Emergency Senate meeting of the University, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Taofeek Ibrahim said the news was received with joy and excitement. He said the very impressive result of the accreditation exercise held in June 2016 was the collective efforts and many months of monitoring and maintenance of quality teaching and research by the staff of the University, coupled with the world class facilities and conducive learning environment. He then congratulated the entire Al-Hikmah University Community for the success achieved, and urged them to continue to uphold the University’s vision and mission of Learning For Wisdom and Morality.
According to the NUC letter of accreditation and Congratulations, the programmes are :
- 1. Physics – Full Accreditation
- 2.Mathematics Education – Full
- 3.Statistics Education – Full
- 4.Chemistry Education – Full
- 5.Islamic Studies Education – Full
- 6.Arabic Education – Full
- 7.Economics Education – Full
- 8.Political Science Education – Full
- 9.Education Management – Full
- 10.Social Studies/Arts Edu. – Full
- 11.Mathematics -Interim Accreditation
- 12.Statistics – Interim Accreditation
- 13.Education Guidance and Counseling – Full Accreditation
Meanwhile, the Proprietor of Al-Hikmah University Alhaji Chief (Dr) AbdulRaheem Oladimeji, OFR, the Jagunmolu of Igbominaland and Arogundade of Lagos has congratulated the Vice- Chancellor and the entire staff for the success of the accreditation exercise. Alhaji Oladimeji urged them to continue with the team spirit and resilience in maintaining the very high quality and standards which has continue to earn the University due recognition from the NUC. The Founder then prayed for more achievements and success in all facets of the University’s administration and endeavours.