Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the postgraduate programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Sale of forms commences on 15th May, 2017
The available programmes are:
1) FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION a) Department of Accounting i. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting & Finance (PGDAF) (PT) ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Accounting (FT) iii. M.Phil/ Ph.D. Accounting (FT) iv. M.Sc. Public Sector Accounting (FT) b) Department of Business Administration i. Postgraduate Diploma in Business Admin/ Mgt (PGDBA) (PT) ii. Master of Business Administration (MBA) (PT) MBA General, MBA Entrepreneurship, MBA Marketing, MBA Management, MBA Human Resources, MBA Finance, MBA Accounting. iii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Business Administration (FT) iv M.Phil/ Ph.D. Business Administration (FT) c) Department of Public Administration i. Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA) (PT) ii. Master of Public Administration (MPA) (PT) MPA (General), MPA (Personnel Admin), MPA (Public Policy Analysis), MPA (Local Govt. Admin). iii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Public Administration (FT) iv M.Phil/ Ph.D. Public Administration (FT)
2) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
a) Department of Agric. Economics & Extension i. Postgraduate Diploma in Agric. Economics & Extension (PT): Agric. Economics & Extension option, Farm Management option ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D Agric. Economics & Extension (FT) b) Department of Agronomy i. Postgraduate Diploma in Agronomy (PT): Crop Science option ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D Crop Science (FT): Crop Protection option iii. M.Sc. & Ph.D Soil Science (FT): Soil and Water Management (FT) iv. M.Sc. & Ph.D Agric. Protections (FT) c) Department of Animal Science i. Postgraduate Diploma in Animal Science (PT) ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D Animal Science (FT)
3. FACULTY OF ARTS a) Department of Arabic i. M.A. & Ph.D. Arabic (FT) b) Department of English i. M.A. & Ph.D. English (FT) ii. M.A. & Ph.D Literature in English (FT) c) Department of French i. M.A French (FT) d) Department of History i. M.A. & Ph.D. History (FT) e) Department of Islamic Studies i. M.A & Ph.D Islamic Studies (FT) f) Department of Linguistics i. M.A. & Ph.D. Linguistics (FT) g) Department of Religious Studies i. M.A Sociology of Religion (FT) ii. M.A Biblical Studies New Testament (FT) iii. M.A African Traditional Religion (FT) iv. M.A & Ph.D. Philosophy & Ethics (FT) v. M.A & Ph.D Religious Studies (FT) vi. Ph.D Church History (FT) vii. Ph.D Biblical Studies (FT)
4. FACULTY OF EDUCATION a) Department of Educational Foundation i. M.Ed. & Ph.D Measurement & Evaluation (FT) ii. M.Ed. & Ph.D Educational Psychology (FT) iii. M.Ed. & Ph.D. Educational Admin. Planning (FT) iv. M.Ed. Philosophy of Education (FT) v. Ph.D. Philosophy and Ethics (FT) vi. M.Ed. & Ph.D. Guidance & counseling (FT) vii. M.Ed. & Ph.D. Sociology of Education (FT) b) Department of Science and Mathematics Science Education i. M.Ed. & Ph.D. Mathematics Education (FT) ii. M.Ed. & Ph.D Science Education (FT) 5. FACULTY OF LAW a) Department of Law i. LLM (FT) ii. Ph.D Law (FT) iii. Master
6. FACULTY OF NATURAL & APPLIED SCIENCES a) Department of Biological Sciences i. Postgraduate Diploma PGD (PT): Biodiversity & Conservation Management, Microbiology ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D Plant Genetics & Breeding (FT) iii. M.Sc. & Ph.D Plant Science & Breeding (FT) iv. M.Sc & Ph.D Zoology (FT): Applied Hydro Biology & Fisheries option, Applied Entomology & Parasitology option vi. M.Sc. & Ph.D Microbiology (FT): Food and Industrial option, Environmental option, Medical option b) Department of Chemistry i. PGD Chemistry (PT) ii. M.Sc. Industrial Chemistry (FT) c) Department of Geology & Mining i. PGD Geology & Mining (PT) ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Geology & Mining (FT): Mineral Exploration option, Sedimentology option d) Department of Mathematics i. PGD Computer Science (PT) ii M.Sc. & Ph.D Mathematics (FT) iii. M.Sc. Computer Science (FT): Networking option, Database/ Information option, Information Security option, Database Management option, Software Engineering option iv. Ph.D. Computer Science (FT) e) Department of Physics i. Postgraduate Diploma Physics (PT): Electronics & Communication option, Geophysics option, Radiation & Medical option ii. M.Sc. Physics (FT): Electronics & Communication option, Plasma option, Radiation & Medical option.
7. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES a) Department of Economics i. PGD Economics (PT) ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Economics (FT) b) Department of Geography i. PGD. Environmental Resource Management (PT) ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Climatology (FT) iii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Environmental Resource MGT (FT) iv. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Geomorphology (FT) c) Department of Political Science i. M.Sc. & Ph.D. International Relations (FT) ii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Political Economy & Devt. Studies (FT) iii. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Public Policy Analysis (FT) d) Department of Sociology i. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Sociology (FT)
8. INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION i. PGDE (Education) (PT) ii. PGDAP (Educational Admin & Planning) (PT) iii. PGD Guidance & counseling (PT)
9. INSTITUTE OF GOVERNANCE AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES i. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Security & Strategic Studies (PT) ii. M.Sc. Forensic & Investigation (Digital Forensic) (PT) iii. M.Sc. Forensic Linguistics (PT) iv. M.Sc. Forensic Investigation (PT) v. M.Sc. Forensic & Investigation (Medical Forensic) (PT) vi. M.Sc. Forensic Accounting & Auditing (PT)
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes; – Applicants must possess minimum of Bachelors’ Degree /HND from a recognized University or Polytechnic. – Satisfactory completion of NYSC Programme. – O’ Level 5 Credits including Mathematics & English Language.
Masters Programmes; – Holders of first degree with a minimum of second class lower division from any recognized institutions. – Satisfactory completion of NYSC Programme or exemption letter. – O’ Level 5 Credits Including Mathematics & English Language.
Mphil/Ph.D Programmes; – Holders of Academic Masters’ Degree with a minimum of CGPA of 3.00 and Professional Masters’ Degree – Holders with a minimum of CGPA of 3.50.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programmes; – Holders of Master’s Degree from recognized Universities with a minimum of 4.00 CGPA.
Method of Application:
Application forms would be purchased at the cost of N15,000 only. This is in addition to the payment of N5,000 only for Screening/ Examination Administration in any of these banks through Remitta platform: – Diamond Bank, Ecobank, First Bank, UBA, Zenith Bank, GT Bank, Union Bank, Unity Bank, SKYE Bank, FCMB, Keystone Bank etc.
Forms are filled online at NSUK website: www.nsuk.edu.ng (Select “Prospective students” link, select ‘apply online the postgraduate school’) Please, follow all instructions.
Applicant should check the University website for detailed application procedure and further information. Pre-Qualifying examinations will be conducted.
Screening Exam Date & Details:
Dates for Screening /Pre-Qualifying Postgraduate Examination would be communicated in due course.
Closing Date: Sales of forms ends 30th July, 2017.