CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION1. Candidates should possess any of the following educational and/Professional qualifications (see Guide to Candidates on Educational Requirements for Entry Category):
a) West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
b) General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
c) WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
d) Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
e) Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
f) All candidates must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
g) Candidates are to note that entry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
2. Any candidate possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA,/BSC etc other than those stated in paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false education/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal.
3. Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted during the recruitment exercise is not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of branch or advancement while in the Naval service. Only qualifications obtained through proper service provisions are tenable after joining.
4. Applicants must be between the age of 18 – 21 years at the time of entry into the Training school for school certificate holders, while age 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE etc.
5. Applicants must not be married.
6. Candidate is required to print out Parent/Guardian consent Form and Local Government attestation form.
7. Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
8. Candidates with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem, previous orthopedic operation, flat foot, below the required height (Male 1.70m, female 1.67m), fracture, stammering, or any natural disability.
9. Applicants of the 2017 recruitment exercise of the Nigerian Navy must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
10. Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents.
a) Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
b) Photocopies of Credentials.
c) Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
d) Duly completed Parent Consent form to be signed by Candidate’s Parent or Guardian.
e) Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by (C) above
f) Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their NECO AND WAEC results to the recruitment centres.
11. The completed application form is to be submitted online.
12. Candidates that apply for the 2017 Nigerian Navy recruitment will be required to produce original of all copies of credentials listed in paragraph 1 before recruitment.
13. Any candidate suspected to have impersonated, forged or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the recruitment exercise. Such candidate shall also be handed over to the police for prosecution.
14. The period of Aptitude Test and Certificate Screening is on October, 2017
15. COMPUTER LITERACY IS AN ADDED ADVANTAGE FOR ALL CANDIDATES.
16. Multiple online application will lead to disqualification of candidate.
17. Candidates are further advised in their own interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them on the recruitment exercise
METHOD OF APPLICATIONStep 1. Simply Visit Nigerian Navy Recruitment Exercise Portal at https://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/
Step 2. Create an account on this portal by providing a valid Email Address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password. Note: You will need your Email Address (User Name) and Password to log in next time.
Step 3. Complete the Ratings Application form. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes after submission.
Step 4. Download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts:
a. Applicant’s Declaration and Certification by Parent/Guardian form.
b. Local Government Area Certification Form.
c. Police Certification Form.
d. Guarantor Form.
Note: You must come along with the printed Nigerian Navy Application form.
For More Inquiries: Call 08159999011 from 9am to 4pm on working days