This is to invite all candidates who want to make the School of Health Information Management, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile Ife [SHIM, OAUTHC] their choice of institution in year 2017/2018 session, to proceed and obtain UTME with five (5) O’Level credits at not more than two sittings, in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other science subject.
In addition to the above, all applicants must know that final admission into the school shall be based on the JAMB-UTME approved cut-off marks as later decided by JAMB for polytechnics, Monotecnics and Colleges of Education in the 2017/2018 academic session.
Candidates seeking for ND admission must have obtained the minimum entry requirements of five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in the WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the following subjects,
- English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry and any other subject such as Physics, Agric Science, Geography and Economics.
- Candidates must sit for the 2017 JAMB examination and must meet the cut-off points [i.e.as stipulated by JAMB] and chose the school as their first choice in JAMB applications.
- Candidates intending to pursue the 2-year HND programme must have obtained in addition to 5 credits at O’levels, the National Diploma Certificate (not below Lower Credit) in Health Information Management, together with an evidence of completion of one year (compulsory) Industrial Attachment in a reputable health institution.
- Professional Diploma/Technician Certificate in Health Information Management by HRORBN can also apply for HND programme.
- Pregnancy is not allowed during training.
Selection of candidates will be based on the possession of requisite academic qualifications, good performance in both the written examination and oral interview. The written examination for ND applicants will be tested in:
- English Language
- General paper
For the HND programme, applicants will be tested in English Language, Mathematics, Health Records Management, Statistics and Knowledge of Medical Terminologies. Selected candidates will be required to pass the medical fitness examination.
Interested candidates are to first obtain year 2017/2018 UTME and must meet the cut-off marks to be decided by JAMB before applying for admission form from the school with the sum of six thousand naira (#6,000) only through remitta payable to Obafemi Awolowo University Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife account, on presentation of the receipt for payment, application forms are to be collected from:
Obafemi Awolowo University Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife,
P. M. B. 5538, Ile Ife
Completed application forms must be returned to the Ag. Head of School not later than 25th July, 2017, while entrance examination comes up on 26th and 27th July, 2017