Centre for Diploma and Pre-Degree studies of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) has announced the sales of the Pre-Degree Form for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Biology & Fisheries, Geology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics with Electronics and Plant Science & Biotechnology.
PRE-DEGREE SCIENCE EDUCATION
Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science Education, Health Education, Human Kinetics, Integrated Science, Mathematics Education, Physics and Technical Education.
Linguistics & Yoruba, Religion & African Culture, Yoruba, Linguistics, Philosophy & Religion Studies.
PRE-DEGREE ARTS EDUCATION
Adult Education, English Education, History Education, Religious Studies Education, and Yoruba Education.
PRE-DEGREE SOCIAL SCIENCE
Geography & Planning Sciences and Psychology
PRE-DEGREE SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION
Geography Education, Social Studies Education, Accounting Education, Economics Education, Political Science Education, Guidance and Counseling, and Educational Management.
PRE-DEGREE AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
Agricultural Economy, Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, Animal Science, Forestry and Wildlife Management , Agronomy and Fisheries.
PRE-DEGREE ARTS AND PRE-DEGREE ARTS EDUCATION
A minimum of 5 Credit passes at SSCE (NECO or WAEC) obtained at not more than two sittings. These must include English Language, Yoruba, Religious Studies, History/Government. (A Credit pass in Literature in English will be required for English Education)
1. DEPARTMENT OF LINGUISTICS AND LANGUAGES
The five Credit passes must include English Languages and Yoruba (for B.A Yoruba) or any language (for B.A. Linguistics).
2. DEPARTMENT OF RELIGION AND AFRICAN CULTURE
The five Credit passes must include any of the following:
CRK, IRK, Arabic, Government, Nigerian Languages and two subjects from either Arts or Social Sciences.
PRE-DEGREE SCIENCE & PRE-DEGREE SCIENCE EDUCATION
A minimum of five Credit passes at SSCE (NECO or WAEC) obtained at not more than two sittings which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
PRE-DEGREE SOCIAL SCIENCES
A minimum of five Credit passes at SSCE (NECO or WAEC) obtained at not more than two sittings. These must include Mathematics, English Language and three other Social Sciences subjects. Those willing to study GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING SCIENCE must have Credit in Geography in addition to two other subjects. Those willing to study PSYCHOLOGY must have Credit in Biology
PRE-DEGREE SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
A minimum of five Credit passes at SSCE (NECO or WAEC) obtained at not more than two sittings. These must include Mathematics, English Language and three other Social Sciences subjects. Those willing to study GEOGRAPHY EDUCATION must have Credit in Geography in addition to two other subjects. A pass in Mathematics is acceptable for Social Studies Education
PRE-DEGREE AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
A minimum of five Credit passes at SSCE (NECO or WAEC) obtained at not more than two sittings. These must include Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science and Physics. NOTE (a) Credit pass in Economics is required for Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Extension and Rural Development with at least pass in Physics. (b) Credit pass in Agric. science is required for Agronomy, Fisheries, Animal Science, Forestry and Wildlife Management with at least pass in Biology.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. For candidates paying through the Bank.
- Candidates are to pay the sum of Eleven Thousand Naira (N11,000.00) only (inclusive of bank commission/charges) using e-Tranzact platform at any branch of the banks listed below:
i. Skye Bank Plc.
ii. Access Bank Plc
iii. First Bank Plc
iv. Oroke microfinance Bank
v. Keystone Bank
vi. Wema Bank Plc
vii. Zenith Bank Plc
viii. Stanbic/IBTC Bank
- Complete a bank deposit teller indicating full Name and proposed Faculty of candidates
- Candidates are to indicate as Account Number- 2017/2018 AAUA Pre-degree Application Form
- Obtain the e-Tranzact payment receipt at the point of payment which will contain receipt number and confirmation code.
B. For candidates paying online (Using Bankit).
a. Login to the pre-degree application form
b. Click in pay now
c. Make payment
d. Complete the application form
(i) Candidates are requested to log on to the University website: http://eportal.aaua.edu.ng and click on 2017/2018 AAUA Pre-degree Application.
(ii) On the Pre-degree Application page, click on Application payment confirmation and supply e-Transact receipt and confirmation order number obtained from bank to confirm your payment.
(iii) Once your confirmation is successful, log in with your receipt number.
(iv) Fill the Application form appropriately, submit online and immediately print-out an acknowledgement slip.
(v) Candidates are to come to the Examination Hall with the acknowledgement slip.
- Candidates are to register online on the University website between 12th June, 2017 and 16th September, 2017.
- Entrance Examination will be conducted on Wednesday, 20th September, 2017 for Pre-degree
Agricultural Science, Science and Science Education and on Thursday, 21st September, 2017 for Pre-degree Arts, Arts Education, Social Science and Social Science Education candidates at the University premises by 10.00a.m. each day.■ For further enquiries, please contact pre-degree support team through the email address: [email protected]
- Admission into 100 level from Pre-degree is not automatic.
- Pre-degree candidates are required to take the 2018 UTME and obtain the minimum pass mark of UTME for University and as agreed upon by the University.
- Admission of candidates will be dependent on their Weighted Average in the two semesters, the UTME score and their ranking with respect to the cut-off marks for the chosen courses.
- Any candidate who did not satisfy all the above conditions and still goes on to pay school fees into the university’s Account would forfeit such fund.