Al-Hikmah University invites qualified undergraduate candidates for admission into its Degree Programmes through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (U.T.M.E), Direct Entry, six (6)-year Part-time Degree Programmes and two (2)-year (Diploma) Programmes.
AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY GRANTS ADMISSION TO ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WITHOUT RELIGIOUS AND ETHNIC CONSIDERATIONS. PROVISIONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR HEARING-IMPAIRED CANDIDATES (i.e DEAF AND DUMB)
LIST OF AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES:
A. AVAILABLE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1. COLLEGE OF THE HUMANITIES
B.A. (Arabic) - Full-time & Part-time
B.A. (English) - Full-time & Part-time
B.A. (History & International Relations) - Full-time & Part-time
B.A. (Islamic Studies) - Full-time & Part-time
B.Sc. (Political Science & Conflict Resolution) - Full-time & Part-time
B.Sc. (Mass Communication) - Full-time & Part-time
2. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
B.Sc. (Accounting) - Full-time & Part-time
B.Sc. (Banking & Finance) - Full-time & Part-time
B.Sc. (Business Administration) - Full-time & Part-time
B.Sc. (Economics) - Full-time & Part-time
3. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry B.A. (Ed.) Arabic Language
B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies
B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics B.A. (Ed.) English
B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology B.A. (Ed.) Social Studies B.Ed. Educational Management B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics
B.Ed. Guidance & Counseling B.Sc. (Ed.) Political Science
B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
4. COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES
B.Sc. (Biochemistry) B.Sc. (Mathematics)
B.Sc. (Computer Science) B.Sc. (Physics)
B.Sc. (Geology) B.Sc. (Biology)
B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry) B.Sc. (Statistics)
5. COLLEGE OF LAW
LL.B (Common Law)
LL.B (Common and Islamic Law)
B. AVAILABLE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following Sub-degree Diploma Programmes are available for the 2016/2017 Academic Session:
- (i) Diploma in Common Law
- (ii) Diploma in Common and Islamic Law
- (iii) Diploma in Arabic and Islamic Studies (vi) Diploma in Business Administration
- (iv) Diploma in International Relations (vii) Diploma in Computer Science
- (v) Diploma in Accounting
1. UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) credits in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB/SISC Examinations or their equivalent at not more than two (2) sittings in the subjects relevant to their proposed Undergraduate Programmes. English Language at credit level is compulsory for all candidates. In addition, credit in Mathematics is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into Degree Programmes in the Colleges of Management Sciences, Natural Sciences and some Education Courses. Direct Entry admission is also available for applicants with suitable qualifications who obtained Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) DE Form 2016.
2. SUB-DEGREE (DIPLOMA) PROGRAMMES
Applicants are required to have a minimum of four (4) Credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings in the relevant subjects in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB/SISC. Thanawiyyah/Tawjihiyyah Certificate of an Arabic Senior Secondary School duly registered with the relevant State Authorities or equivalent to any of the above mentioned qualifications will be considered.
Applicants for the Sub-degree Common Law Diploma Programme must possess five (5) credits in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB Examinations or their equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language, Literature in English and any other three (3) Art/Social Science subjects, and at least a pass in Mathematics.
Applicants for the Sub-degree Common And Islamic Law Diploma Programme must possess a minimum of five (5) credits in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB/SISC Examinations or their equivalent at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language, Literature-in-english, Islamic Studies or Arabic Knowledge and any other three (3) Art/Social Science subjects, and at least a pass in Mathematics.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
- (i) Applicants for Sub-degree Diploma and Undergraduate Programmes should obtain a Bank Draft of N10,000 payable to Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin drawn from any commercial bank nationwide.
- (ii) The application form should be completed online at: www.alhikmah.edu.ng
- (iii) Print the duly completed form.
- (iv) Present the Bank Draft to the University Bursary Department and obtain the official receipt.
- (v) Present the duly completed form with relevant credentials (Original & Photocopy) and official receipt at the Admissions Office for immediate screening.
- (vi) Post UTME Screening dates will be communicated to successful applicants.
To Be Announced.