The Management of the Ajayi Crwother University has released an important information to all Parents and Guardians pertaining the 2017/2018 Resumption of Academic Activities.
The Management of this University hereby informs as follows;
- Students must comply strictly with the University’s Dress Code in respect of the dresses they have in their luggages.
- If a student has a dress which is at variance with the Dress Code, the parent/guardian will be required to take the dress away as the University will henceforth not keep such dresses for the students.
- All students (that is, both male and female students) must comply with the regulations in respect of hairdo/hairstyle, beard, moustache, whiskers, etc. Any student who is found to be non-compliant will not be allowed into the campus and will be required to go to the town to effect a redress of the issue.
- Parents/Guardians are enjoined to please co-operate with the University Management with respect to the above issues to avoid any embarrassment for their children/wards during the screening and clearance processes on resumption.
- Parents/Guardians and students are advised to visit the University’s website for information on contraband items, prohibited dresses, hairstyles etc.
Please take note, the following are NOT acceptable:
- Tight, short, skirts and gowns above the knees (except for sporting purposes);
- Transparent and see-through dresses;
- Semi-naked Appearance: Wearing of ordinary underwear like singlet, sleeveless/spaghetti dresses that expose major parts of the body, etc.;
- Skirt which due to slitting, reveals sensitive parts of the wearer’s body, and stretch, banded and bandaged elastic material for skirt/gowns (lycra materials)
- Short and skimpy dresses, e.g. body hugs, show-me-your chest, spaghetti wears and dresses exposing sensitive parts of the body, backless, camisole only;
- Wearing of T-Shirts with obscene inscriptions and face caps;
- Shirts that reveal the wearer’s chest unduly;
- Sagging/Earth level/ yansy (use belt);
- Dread, Galax, Fadeout and Rough Coil Hair Cut, Bushy hair, unkempt appearance;
- Wearing of earrings by male students;
- wearing of multiple and bogus earrings by female students;
- Leggies/Geggies/Pencil trousers;
- Jeans/Tattered Jeans and any materials that look like jeans, Tight trousers, and all other forms of tight fitting clothing;
- Hair plaiting or weaving by male students;
- Wearing of bathroom slippers around the university premises;
- No bangles, beads, rings, etc. for male students; and
- Beards is not allowed, must be clean shaved;
- Students I.D. Card must be worn around the neck always;
- Tattoo with provocative writing or picture;
- Non-natural coloured hair is not allowed;
Please note that culprits will be sanctioned; therefore dress well in conformity with the ACU Dress Code.