ATBU, BAUCHI FROM THURSDAY 23RD -29TH NOVEMBER, 2017
This is to invite all UTME and DE candidates short listed for admission into Abubakar
Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi to the physical screening exercise scheduled to take place
from the 23rd – 29th November, 2017.
A comprehensive list of short listed candidates has been made available on the University website www.atbu.edu.ng .
Click Here To Access List of Shortlisted Candidates
Candidates are expected to come along with Original copies of their credentials, online
screening slips, downloaded O’ level results from the internet at not more than two sittings
(WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and Grade II) or original certificates, indigene letters as well as
NCE/N.D/IJMB results for DE candidates and report to the Deans of their respective
NOTE: Any candidate who fails to appear for the physical screening on the date stipulated
above will not be considered for admission.
Candidate are advised to avoid paying money or any form of gratification whatsoever to
individual or group for the purpose of the screening or securing admissions, please.
The following guidelines are to be strictly adhered to for UTME Admissions:
1. Candidates admitted must have at least 5 O/Level Credits including English,
Mathematics and three relevant subjects (Refer to Departmental requirements).
2. The O/Level result (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GRADE II) for UTME candidates to be
considered for admissions must not exceed five years (i.e. 2012 – 2017).
3. Only on-line O’Level computer printed results shall be considered for screening which would be authenticated on the examination body website.
4. Minimum cut-off points for admission of UTME candidates is 180; therefore only candidates with 180 and above points will be considered.
5. A maximum of two sittings is allowed in case of O/Level requirements.
6. Further Mathematics should not replace General Mathematics.
7. Literature in English should also not replace English.
1. PRE-Diploma and Pre-NCE results are not acceptable in place of O/Level credits.
2. DE candidates with pass in NCE who have taught for a period of five years could be considered for Degree programme under Faculty of Technology Education.
3. Candidates with Lower credits and above in National Diploma and NCE from recognized polytechnics and Colleges of Education can be accepted for the purpose of DE admissions.
4. All IJMB candidates must satisfy the 5 O/Level credits in addition to obtaining 9 points and at least 6 points from ATBU IJMB programme.
5. IJMB points are counted on the basis of letter grade as follows:
A = 5, B = 4, C = 3, D = 2 and E = 1 plus 1 point bonus for passing the 3 subjects.
6. Candidates with awaiting results will not be considered for admission as well as screening.
1. Candidates must provide evidence of on-line screening/acknowledgement slip downloaded from the University website.
Fatima Inuwa Abdullahi