The University of Agriculture, Makurdi has began sales of forms for admission into various postgrauate programs for the 2017/2018 Academic session.
Candidates wishing to apply for any of the postgraduate programs are to follow the instructions for the application procedure.
Applicants are required to submit two (2) copies of the completed form to Postgraduate School with their academic credentials attached.
Applicants must arrange for thier academic transcripts to be submitted at the Postgraduate School before closing date for sales of form.
General Requirements for Admission
The following may qualify for registration for Postgraduate studies leading to the award of:
- Graduates of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized Universities in relevant areas.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum pass at credit level or equivalent in relevant areas from recognized institutions.
Degree of Masters:
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas from University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized universities with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
- Candidates with Third Class Honours Degree or HND (in relevant areas) with appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or from other recognized institutions with minimum CGPA of 3.5 (or at least Upper Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma). In addition, the holders of HND, PGD/PGDE Certificates should satisfy the basic School Certificate or GCE Ordinary Level entry requirements (credit in five relevant subjects) for admission into Bachelors Degrees of the respective departments.
- For M.Sc. Environmental Science, graduates with good honours degree in any of the following disciplines are also qualified: Natural Sciences, Science Education, Relevant Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science, Health Sciences, and other Relevant disciplines from University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized institutions of higher learning.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.)
- Holders of Master’s Degree of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized Universities with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5- point scale provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the degree.
How to apply
- Create an account online by providing your emails and chosing a password Here (if you have not done that previously).
- Upon creation of account, a unique application number will be issued. Copy the application number in a save place (Do not delete the email that will be sent to you). It is your reference number through out your application.
- Make payment of non-refundable fee of N15,350 online using your debit card (MasterCard, Verve) or generate your RRR on the portal and visit any branch of the Commercial banks nationwide
- A comfirmation slip will be issued to you containing a 14-digit unique number as Payment Identification Number (PIN) which will enable you continue your application. Please ensure this number is on the slip printed for you before leaving the bank.
Creating your account
- To create the account, enter your Email Address. This will be used as your user name. We will also use this email address to contact you regarding your application.
- Type in the security code (case-sensitive). This helps protect our online application service.
- Enter your password. Select a password that is easy for you to remember, but is not obvious to others.
- It must be at least six characters long, and should contain numbers and letters.
- Finally click the “Create Account” button. You will be asked to confirm your password.
→Click Here For the Available Programmes