This is to inform parents, teachers, schools, and students that the 2018/2019 Junior Basic Certificate Entrance Exam Application Form Is now available online.
While each state of the federation and the FCT conducts the BECE for its candidates, NECO conducts the BECE for Federal Unity Colleges, Armed Forces Secondary Schools and other Federal establishments operating Secondary schools.
Private Secondary schools also take part in the NECO BECE provided they are permitted by their State Ministries of Education.
GUIDELINES FOR THE 2018/2019 BASIC EDUCATION CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (BECE) REGISTRATION
A. REGISTRATION PROCEDURESThe registration comprises of two stages:
- Offline Registration
- Offline and Online Registration.
Schools are expected to follow the guidelines/instructions explaining the various steps on how to go about the two stages of Registration Procedures using the Compact Disk (CD-Rom).
1. COMPACT DISC (CD-ROM)School Principals/Commandants are to collect CD-Rom from NECO Offices in their respective States as from Monday 16th January, 2018.
2. NUMBER OF SUBJECTS TO BE REGISTEREDEach candidate shall register a minimum of 13 (thirteen) and a maximum of 15 (fifteen) subjects according to the grouping of subjects below:
(a) GROUP A: CORE SUBJECTS(i) English Studies
(b) GROUP B: ELECTIVE SUBJECTS(i) Agricultural Science
(c) OTHER REQUIREMENTS(i) Typewriting is a compulsory component of Business Studies.
(ii) Technical Drawing is a compulsory component of Basic Technology.
(iii) Practical computer is a compulsory component of Computer Studies.
3. REGISTRATION FEERegistration fee for the 2018 BECE is N6,000.00 (Six Thousand Naira) only per candidate.
4. COMPLETION OF ENTRY SCHEDULE AND PURCHASE OF ONLINE SCRATCH CARDS(a) Entry Schedule will no longer be filled manually. The print-out from the Offline Registration will serve as Entry Schedule and submitted at the point of purchase of online Pin Number/Scratch Cards.
(b) On-line Pin Number/Scratch Cards are to be purchased at respective NECO State Offices.
(c) Schools shall submit to the NECO State Office the following:
i. Evidence of payment made into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) from any of the Commercial Banks for the total number of candidates presented.
ii. The printed Entry Schedule.
(d) Items i, and ii above should be submitted to be able to collect online e-Registration cards.
(e) Offline to Online Registration. Schools shall thereafter use the Offline Registration data and the Scratch Card/Pin Number acquired to login into NECO e-Registration website using the facilities of any reputable cyber-café to obtain Registration data of their candidates. The website is www.mynecoexams.com
(f) Schools are to print-out Subject Summary/Analysis after completion of Registration and submit a copy along with other documents to the State Office.
(g) Schools should endeavor to monitor their registration process properly to minimize errors.
5 MINIMUM NUMBER OF CANDIDATESThe minimum number of candidates to be registered by a school is 50 (Fifty). Any school registering less than fifty candidates shall pay a surcharge of N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only.
6. RETURN OF COMPLETED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTSSchool Principals/Commandants shall return a copy of the downloaded online data of registered candidates to NECO Office in their respective States as this will serve the purpose of Validation List. Schools should therefore make sure that they effect all corrections before submitting candidates’ data online. The printed validation list must be endorsed by the school Principal and Examination Officer.
7. REGISTRATION PERIOD AND CLOSING DATE(a) The registration period starts from Monday 16th January, 2018 to Monday 20th March, 2018.
(b) The website will be closed on Monday 20th March, 2018 at 12.00 midnight. Late registration will not be entertained.
(c) The last date for the return of downloaded data of the registered candidates by schools to respective NECO State Offices is 31st March, 2017.
9. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DATES AGAIN(a) Collection of Compact Disc (CD Rom) by schools as from Monday 16th January, 2018
(b) Last date for online registration by schools Monday 20th March, 2018.
(c) Last date for submission of downloaded copies of online registration data by schools to State Offices, 4th April, 2018.
(d) Last date for submission of downloaded copies of online 3rd year Continuous Assessment of candidates by Schools to State Offices 25th April, 2018.
10. TIME-TABLEOfficial Time-Table Will Be Updated Soon
STEPS TO APPLYTo Begin Registration Follow The Link http://www.mynecoexams.com/bece/
Director Examination Administration For: Registrar/Chief Executive.