The University of Jos (UNIJOS)has published the Fresh Students Registration Proceduresfor 2017/2018 academic session.
The registration exercise for fresh undergraduate students (Full Time) for the 2017/2018 Academic.
Check Admission: UNIJOS 2017/2018 UTME & DE 1st Batch Admission List Out The session shall commence on Monday, March 5, 2018. Fresh Students, Registration Officers and other stakeholders in the registration exercise are please expected to take note of the following registration procedures:
1. Check Admission Status and Print Admission Slip To check admission status and print admission slip, all fresh undergraduate students are to a. Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng b. Under Undergraduate and Click to Proceed c. Click Check Admissions, Click Proceed, enter JAMB No OR First Name ORSurname and click Search d. Click Access Code. Note and read and/or download the registration procedure e. Click Close. Note and print the admission slip which contains your unique access code
2. Payment of School Charges by Students After confirming eligibility, all fresh students should proceed to pay the school charges as follows: a. Visit www.remit.net b. Click on Pay FGN’s and State TSA c. Click on Federal Government of Nigeria and for d. Name of MDA, type University of Jos e. Name Of Service/Purpose, select UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT f. Amount To Pay (₦), scroll down and select New Student from Amount Item List g. Fill in all the other fields and press Proceed to Payment Note: Prefix your name with your JAMB registration number h. When the payment succeeds, electronic receipt will be generated and sent to the email you indicated. Note the RRR number on the electronic receipt
3. Bio-data Registration by Students After successful payment of School Charges, all fresh undergraduate students should proceed for bio-data registration as follows: a. visit mis.unijos.edu.ng b. Under Undergraduate and Click to Proceed c. Click Bio-Data Registration, Click Proceed, enter JAMB registration, Enter Access Code and click Proceed d. Fill in the online bio-data form – comprising personal information, next of kin detail, O’level qualification, certificates obtained, contact/login details and payment details as well as passport and signature upload.
e. Click Complete Registration to generate the completed bio-data registration form f. Finally, print five (5) copies of the completed bio-data forms g. Proceed to your respective Department/Faculty Registration Officer
4. Registration Venues a. Faculty of Agricultural Sciences Bauchi Road Campus b. Faculty of Arts Naraguta Campus (Permanent Site) c. Faculty of Education Naraguta Campus (Permanent Site) d. Faculty of Engineering Bauchi Road Campus e. Faculty of Environmental Sciences Naraguta Campus (Permanent Site) f. Faculty of Law Bauchi Road Campus g. Faculty of Management Sciences Naraguta Campus (Permanent Site) h. Faculty of Medical Sciences Bauchi Road Campus i. Faculty of Natural Sciences Bauchi Road Campus j. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences Bauchi Road Campus k. Faculty of Social Sciences Naraguta Campus (Permanent Site) l. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Bauchi Road Campus
5. Departmental Registration Fresh students should meet their respective Department Registration Officers with the following: a. Evidence of payment of school charges b. Original and photocopies of credentials claimed i.e. O Level/A Level examination results c. Five (5) copies of completed student’s bio-data registration forms d. JAMB Result/Registration slip e. Birth certificate/sworn declaration of age f. Indigene certificate or an affidavit from the Federal High Court g. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB scratch card for results checking and h. Court affidavit to be of good conduct and non-membership of secret cult Thereafter, obtain clearance (if successfully screened) and proceed for Faculty registration
6. Faculty Registration/Generation of Matriculation Number After being cleared by the Department Registration Officers, fresh students should proceed to their respective Faculty Registration Officers with the following: a. Clearance from the Department Registration Officer b. Documents listed in (5) above The Faculty Registration Officer verifies the documents presented by the candidate and then do the following: a. Clears the candidate on the system
b. Generate matriculation number for the fresh students The student returns to the department for final documentation
7. Departmental Documentation and Online Registration of Courses The fresh undergraduate students proceed for online Departmental registration as follows: a. Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng b. Click Undergraduate and Click to Proceed c. Click Returning Students Login then Proceed d. Enter your username (matriculation number) and password (created during bio-data registration) e. Select Course Registration and follow the instructions Thereafter, print five (5) copies of the acknowledgement of registration of courses and sign as indicated on the form. Submit signed copy of the course registration form to: a. Level Coordinators/Departmental Registration Officer b. Respective Faculty Officers c. Senate Affairs and Admission Division d. Examinations and Records Division e. Student’s copy
8. Hostel Accommodation (First Come First Serve basis) Limited hostel accommodation shall be allocated to all students (fresh and returning) who have paid all current (and outstanding school charges) on a first come first serve basis upon payment of the prescribed hostel accommodation fee. Interested students are to do the following: a. Collect hostel accommodation clearance form from Students Affairs Division b. Visit www.remita.net to pay for and print a remita receipt for the cleared hostel accommodation c. The student then takes the printed remita receipt for the hostel accommodation and a N50.00 postal stamp to their respective Faculty Finance Officer for verification and issuance of official receipt of the University d. The student then returns to Students Affairs Division with the verified remita receipt and the official receipt of the University for bed space allocation
9. Registration in the Library Library registration is online on the University of Jos website. Print five (5) copies of the library registration form and bring them to the Library at the Bauchi Road Campus for documentation
10. Registration at the University Health Services Centre
Access to the University’s Health Services registration form is online. Note that only chest X-ray and laboratory results from the University Health Services Centre, Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres and Specialist Hospitals are accepted.
11. Closing Date of Registration Registration for fresh undergraduate students will end on Thursday, March 29, 2018
12. Orientation and Matriculation Matriculation of fresh undergraduate students is schedules for Friday, April 13, 2018
13. Students Identity Cards Students’ identity cards will be collected prior to commencement of lectures at the Security Office Room 83, Administrative Block, Bauchi Road Campus after completion of medical examination at the University Health Services Centre.
14. Commencement of Lectures Lectures for the 2017/2018 Academic Session will commence on Monday, April 16, 2018.
15. Special Caution All fresh undergraduate and returning students are hereby warned to avoid patronizing unrecognized/mobile Business Centres for all forms of payments and online registration.