Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Schools/Training Programmes in ABU Teaching Hospital Zaria for 2018/2019 academic session.
1. SCHOOL OF NURSING
This School offers a three (3) year basic general nursing training to suitable candidates of not less than 171/2 years and not more than 26 years of age.Those wishing to apply must have the following:
Minimum of 5 Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology at not more than two sittings.
Entrance Examination and Interview:•
Candidates who satisfy the basic entry requirements shall be required to sit for an entrance examination in Agust, 2018 and selection interview thereafter.
• Only candidates short-listed will appear for the selection interview.
• The Selection process will include essay writing followed by oral interview.
• Candidates selected for admission shall be required to pass a medical examination for fitness.
This course is residential. Successful candidates MUST live in the Nurses' hostel
2. SCHOOL OF POST BASIC NURSING PROGRAMMES
The school runs Post Basic Programmes names:- Midwifery, Ophthalmic and Paediatrics and Anaesthesia.
Those who wish to apply for any of the programme must have the following:-
Eligible candidates will be requested to sit for a written aptitude test to be followed by an oral interview.
3. SCHOOL OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES
Special Fellowship of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria This is a Twenty-four (24) months course leading to the award of FMLSCN. Candidates wishing to apply must have :-
(a) Associate (AMLSCN) of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria BMLS plus a minimum of one (1)year post qualification experience.
(b) NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
(c) Current practicing license of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
(d) The programme is not residential successful candidates will be required to arrange for their own accommodation.
4. SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
National Diploma Course in Health Information Management
Duration: Two (2) years direct course for those with GCE '0' Level or its equivalent and one year for those with Technician Certificate in Health Information Management of the Health Record Officers Registration Board of Nigeria.
1. Candidates for this programme must have WASC, S SCE or NECO with passes at credit level in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Biology/Physic/ or Chemistry and any subject. All ND candidates must sit for JAMB and passes cut-off mark
2. For JAMB Candidates they must posses the JAMB cut-off marks.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Duration: Two (2) Years
Candidates for this programme must have obtained National Diploma in Health Information Management and registered with the health Records officers Registration Board of Nigeria and must have undergone an Industrial Training for one year in a reputable Hospital in addition to the basic entry requirement for the ND. There would be a Entrance Examination and Interview for short listed candidates.
5. SCHOOL OF BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
This is a two (2) year Course. Applicants wishing to apply must have senior secondary school certificate (SSCE) or its equipment , WAEC, GCE, NECO, NABTEC) with passes at credit level in Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a pass in English Language at not more than two sittings. In addition, credit or ordinary pass in any of the following subjects will be an advantage. Wood work, sheet metal work. Auto Mechanic, Basic electronics, Basic Electricity and Technical Drawing.
• Candidates who have the basic entry qualification will be required to sit for an entrance examination.
• Those successful at the entrance examination will attend selection interview thereafter.
• Candidates with evidence of guaranteed sponsorship will be given preference
• The course at present is non residential. Successful candidates will be required to arrange for their own accommodation.
6. COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS TRAINING PROGRAMME (HND)
This course takes a minimum of two (2) years duration, workers that have been working in primary health care area are eligible for admission.
a. Holders of Diploma in Community Health with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience plus, five (5) credit level passes in SSCE (WASCE,
NECI,or GCE O'L) at not more that two sittingss, which must include, English Language, Mathematics and Biology/ Health Science. Community Health Extension
Workers five (5) Credit level in SSCE (WASCE, NECO or GCE O'L) at not more than two sitting, which must include: English Language, Mathematics and Biology/
b. Applicants must be registered and possess a valid practice license.
c. Two recent passport photograph
Entrance Examination and Interview;
Candidates who satisfy the Basic entry requirements shall be invited for an entrance examination in the month of July 2016 after which successful ones would
attend the selection interview immediately.
Method of Application
1.LOG ON TO http://apply.abuth.gov.ng
2. CLICK ON SIGNUP
3. CREATE YOUR PROFILE (Always ensure you write down your LogIn ID and Password as you will need it to log back in)
4. CHOOSE CHECK FORMS ON SALE or APPLY HERE
5. FROM THE LIST OF AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES CHOOSE BY CLICKING APPLY on the right end
6. Click APPLY
7. A transaction page will be displayed; Click GENERATE RRR at the bottom left of the page
8. A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will be generated on the page
9. NOTE: paying online activates your account imediately.
(I) To pay online (Master/Visa/Internet Banking) CLICK on PAYVIAREMITA.(After paying just refresh your page and continue from step-12)
(II) To pay through a Bank, print your Transaction-slip and proceed to any Commercial bank of your choice (Make sure the RRR Number appears on the slip
before printing and going to the bank)
10. After payment come back to the portal http://apply.abuth.gov.ng
11. Click on LOGIN and enter the LOGIN ID and PASSWORD you created at step-3
12. Fill in all your details (Biodata, contact, Next of kin, Qualifications & passport Photo)
13. Finally submit and print your Slip
|S/N||School||Closing Date||Propsed Exams|
|1||School of Nursing||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|2||Post Basic Nursing (Midwifery)||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|3||Post Basic (Ophthalmic)||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|4||Post Basic (Paediatrics)||30th July, 2018||August, 2018|
|5||Fellowship of Medical Lab Scie.||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|6||HND Health Info Management||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|7||PRE-HND Health Info Management||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|8||ND-Health Info Management||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|9||Diploma Biomedical Engineering||30th Sept., 2018||October, 2018|
|10||Certificate Biomedical Engineering||30th Sept.,2018||October,2018|
|11||Community Health Officers (CHO)||31st July, 2018||August, 2018|
|12||Post Basic Nursing (Anaesthesia)||31st Oct., 2018||December,2018|