The David Oyedepo Foundation hereby invites application for the Secondary School Scholarship form for 2018/2019 Edition.
Each awarded candidate becomes a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and is expected to meet up with the requirements in order to remain a DOF Scholar.
“I believe education is the key to unlocking the destiny of Africa. A major investment in the education of our people would go a long way in improving the economic situation of many African Nations.”
Dr David Oyedepo
Online Application is currently in progress.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
1. Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
2. Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
3. Have a record of exceptional performance at the primary or junior secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 80% recorded average in Primary/Junior Secondary School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Faith Academy Secondary Schools
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 1 academic session. The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside the Secondary School generated Academic fees.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Faith Academy Secondary Schools
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Method of Application
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGALguardians
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
- Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the application.
- Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT to be listed as referees.
- English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
Interested applicants are to visit http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/secondaryschool to begin registration.
Application Closing Date:
Sunday, 15th July, 2018.