Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Higher Degree and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (Full-time and Part-time) of Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
AAU Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
- At least a Second Class Honours Degree of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma or any other University of recognized standing in the relevant discipline.
- Third Class Bachelor’s Degree plus PGD or HND and any professional qualification with appropriate PGD from a recognized University.
- Holders of LL.B with at least Second Class Honours or Third Class Honours with a B.L. and with at least five years post-call experience, may be considered for the LL.M programme.
- For Masters of Arts in French studies, holders of B.A. or B.ED (French) with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division of any recognized University.
- For Master of Business Administration, (MBA) and Master of Public Administration (MPA) holders of a Bachelor degree not below Second Class Lower Division in any discipline OR Third Class Degree/HND plus postgraduate diploma in any administration related discipline, plus at least one year post qualification experience.
- Candidates for the M.Sc programme in Business Administration must passes:
- At least five credit passes (or equivalent) in GCE O/L or WASCE or NECO or NABTEB which should in all cases include English Language, Mathematics and Economics or Commerce or Accounting and which must have been obtained at not more than two sitting. Plus
- A minimum of a B.Sc degree (Second Class Lower Division) in Business Administration from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma or any other University in Nigeria and Overseas recognized by the Senate of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.
- A holder of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration/Management from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma or any other University in Nigeria and Overseas recognized by the Senate of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma with an average score of 50% may also be considered.
- Candidate who have HND (Upper Credit) in Business Administration/Management from a recognized Polytechnic must possess additional qualifications such as MBA, PGDBM etc.
- For Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Science, other relevant Professional Qualifications may be considered on their own merit.
- Graduate of Ambrose Alli University with a Masters degree in related discipline.
- Graduate of any other approved University with the qualification specified in (i) above
- Other Departmental requirements as stated in the School of Postgraduate Studies Handbook
- Admission requirement into Master of Science (M.Sc) Programme
admitted. However, such intending candidate should have scored an average of 60 per cent in his/her Master’s degree or M.Phil programme.
from further academic pursuit in crop science.
from further academic pursuit in crop science
institution holders of HND/HNC from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology may be considered.
shall be considered.
b. HND with a Credit pass in Chemistry or other Science related discipline.
may be considered on their own merit.
Biology, Biochemistry and Food Technology.
b. H.N.D from recognized Polytechnic or equivalent.
c. Full professional qualification of recognized professional Bodies approved by the Senate of the University.
For Postgraduate Diploma (PGD): Strategic Studies, the related areas will include International Relations, Political Science, History, International Studies and Law.
For Postgraduate Diploma (PGD): Policy and Development Studies, the related areas will include Economic, Public Administration and any other Social Science Course
candidates must possess the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC) Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate.
Duration of AAU Postgraduate Programmes.
one (1) academic session.
How to Apply for AAU Postgraduate Admission.
- On purchase of the eTranzact PIN (Payment Voucher), candidates are to visit the Ambrose Alli University website @ https://aauekpoma.edu.ng or portal @ https://aaue.waeup.org to complete and submit the School of Postgraduate Studies online application form with reference to the handbook. All such candidates must upload their coloured passport photographs and scanned copies of all relevant certificates/documents to the portal.
- Candidates should preview and confirm that the passport photograph is uploaded correctly, as no complaint of wrong or blank picture will be entertained after submission of forms.
- Candidates are to print out a copy of the duly completed Application Form with their passport photograph and submit a hard copy to, and collect a hard copy of the Handbook from the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Please check the Application Instructions tab on the University Portal for proper guidance.
All candidates are to note the following:
- Technology fee and bank charges will be charged at the point of purchase of the eTranzact PIN (Payment Voucher).
- All names should be written in full when completing the online application form as no initials shall be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to fill their forms online personally, as cases of fraudulent practices in the admission process will not be entertained.
- The form’s serial number would serve as examination number where necessary.