Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Two-year National Diploma Programme of the Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osura for the 2016/2017 session.
- Science Lab Technology
Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in Mathematics and any two of
(b) Chemistry and
(c) Biology /Agricultural Science, the third subject of a, b, c above must be a pass.
And two others from any of Economics, Geography, Building/ Engineering Drawing, Leather, Tanning, etc; and pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
- Computer Science
Five credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and any three subject from Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science, Economics, Geography, Government and a pass in English Language in not more than two sitting.
Five credit passes in Mathematics and any two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Statistics, Further Mathematics plus any two from Economics, Geography, Commerce, Government and a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- Business Administration
- Office Technology and Management (formerly Secretarial Studies)
Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in Mathematics and English Language, plus three credit passes in any of Economics, Business Methods, Principles of Account, Literature in English, Commerce, Government and one Science subject in not more than two sittings. Office Technology & Management requires a pass in Mathematics.
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION ARTS
- Mass Communication
Five credit passes in English Language and Mathematics and any three other subject from History, Literature in English, Commerce, Economics, Government, Fine Arts, Type Writing and Principles of Accounting.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent which must include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a pass in English Language obtained in not more than two sittings. OR
The National Technical Certificate (NTC) in electrical trade with credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, English Language and two other subject.
- Civil Engineering Technology
Civil Engineering Technology requires five credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and one other Science subject from Biology / Agric Science, Geography, Economics, Commerce.
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Architecture Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
Five O/Level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two subject from Chemistry, Biology / Agric Science, Geography, Economics / Commerce, Technical Drawing, Fine Art.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates should visit the School official website http://www.akwaibompoly.edu.ng, click on the link online Application,
- Then generate an invoice with the following details
i) Jamb Reg. Number.
ii) Phone Number.
iii) Candidate’s Name
- Candidates should proceed to First Bank with their invoice to purchase an electronic application pin for ₦7000.00 (All charges are inclusive).
- Application should therefore be completed by visiting http://www.akwaibompoly.edu.ng with the obtained pin to complete the application form not later than Wednesday, 8th December, 2016.
- All applications MUST be concluded on or before Wednesday, 8th December 2016. Applicants can start and complete this process anywhere in the country. All shortlisted students will be published online and undergo a screening exercise on Saturday, 10th December, 2016
REQUIREMENT FOR SCREENING EXERCISE
- Accreditation of candidates for the exercise commences at 8:30am
- Screening exercise will commence by 9:00am
- Candidates should come with:
i) The acknowledgement slip
ii) Photocopies of JAMB slip showing their photographs
iii) JAMB online results (2) Copies
iv) Only bona fide candidates will be allowed into the screening halls
v) Parents, guardians and friends are strongly advised to keep away from the venues of the screening.
Dr. (Mrs) Mary Ndah, MNIM
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.