The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has said the union Will commence a warning strike action starting on the 2nd October,2016 if Federal Government fails to meet up with its agreements, The ASUU chairman university of Abuja chapter, Dr Ben Ugheoke disclosed this information to the media.
He said, “We have tired to dialogue with the federal Government but they have been playing games with us, we will start with a warning strike to show them we are no jokers” Dr. Ugheoku noted that all efforts by the union proved abortive while stressing that the strike will last for one week,”and if they do not give us listening ears we will start the indefinite strike come November 2016.”
It will be recalled that ASUU in a recent conference stated that Federal Government owns the union N124bn as earned academic allowances from 2013-2016, aside another N495bn that also accumalated as arrears.
The union also urged both federal and state government to honor the agreements they entered into with them in order to prevent a major crisis.
- ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike Starting Nov. 16
- AAUA ASUU 3 Months Old Strike Suspended
- ASUU LAUTECH To Embark On Strike Next Week [Read Details]
- BREAKING: New Jamb Registrar, Oloyede Rejected By ASUU – (Read Details)
- UPDATE: ASUU SUSPENDS STRIKE IN NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY (NDU) BAYELSA STATE
- YABATECH & Kaduna Poly Now Renamed to “City University of Technology”
- FG Declares June 12th as Democracy Day, Scrapes May 29th
- FG Scraps HND Programme Certificate, Makes New Rules for Polytechnics
- Nigerian Universities to Begin Degree Programmes in Herbal Medicine
- Easter Break 2018: FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays
- Nigerian Army Exam & Zonal Centers In The 36 States of the Federation
- ASUU Calls Off Strike, Directs Lecturers To Resume Academic Activities
- ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike Action Nationwide
- Workers’ Day 2017: FG Declares Monday 1st May As Public Holiday
- Bill to Abolish Discrimination Between HND/BSc. Passes Second Reading