• engaging the students academically, intellectually and socially in readiness for their various course of study
• developing students’ knowledge and skills in core subjects relevant to their proposed course of study
• The university keeps high moral and spiritual standards to mould the character (manners) of its students.
All applicants for Bowen University Advanced Level Programme are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects. The five credits must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. Three (3) of the subjects must be relevant to their intended degree programmes.
However, deficiency is allowed in Mathematics for Humanities/Arts candidates or English Language for Science candidates but not in both subjects. Such candidates may be permitted to take the affected Ordinary Level subject(s) concurrently with his/her Advanced Level subjects.
Candidates admitted to the programme with two (2) O’Level sittings must have satisfied possessing the minimum of five (5) O’Level credits before registration.
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme offers students the opportunity to take examinations of the following bodies:
(i) Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
(ii) Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
Candidates willing to take up studies in the Bowen University Advanced Level Programme will spend between ten (10) months and twenty-four (24) months depending on the examination type the candidate will be taking
|EXAMINATION BOARD||A-LEVEL PROGRAMME DURATION||EXAMINATION TIME|
The BUALP offers the subjects based on the examination type the candidate will be taking.
MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES SUBJECTS: Accounting, Economics, Government and Business Studies.
SCIENCE SUBJECTS: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Agricultural Science.
HUMANITIES AND ARTS: Literature in English, Government, Christian Religious Studies and History.
Candidates are expected to offer a minimum of two (2) or a maximum of three (3) combinable subjects at the examination of any of the examining board relevant for pursuance of a university degree on successful completion of the programme.
The mode of study shall be fully residential at the Bowen University’s campus, Iwo Osun State and non residential at the Bowen Campus, Akute, Lagos.
Application Form: #7,500.000
Application forms are available at the University website. Download, print and complete the application form.
Candidates are to come for the screening exercise at Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State on Thursday, 9th August, 2018 with the following documents, (original and photocopies):
• Completed Application form
• Birth certificate
• Statement of result/certificate
• Seven Thousand Five Hundred naira (#7,500.000) for admission form.
- NSCDC Recruitment Screening Date 2019/2020 | Check Civil Defence Screening Date
- NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020 PDF | Civil Defence Recruitment
- NDLEA Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020 | NDLEA Recruitment
- Check NDLEA Recruitment Aptitude Test Results 2019/2020 | NDLEA Exam Result Checker
- INEC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2020/2021 | Download List In PDF Here
- cdfipb.careers – Update NSCDC Profile & Print Slip 2020 | Civil Defence Recruitment
- JAMB UTME Results 2020: Check Results on JAMB Portal | jamb.org.ng
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.