At the 346th meeting of the Senate held on Wednesday, 28th September, 2016, the following candidates were expelled for being involved in examination misconduct in accordance with regulation 19:17(Ai – xiii) for Undergraduate and 3.4.2 (Ai – xiii) for Postgraduate respectively as the case may be:
- SPS/13/MPA/00147 – Abdul Ibrahim*
- SPS/15/MAC/00057 -AdamuAbbas
- SMS/13/SOC/00320 – Kasimu Bashir Kasimu
- SPS/15/GED/00178 -Abdulmumini SalisuAbdul
- SPS/15/GED/00093 – Blessing NkoyoObeten
- SPS/15/GEE/00056 – Abdulquadri Ibrahim
- SPS/15/GME/00025 – Ameh Richard
- SPS/15/MEM/00053 – Mashi Zakari Muhammad
- SPS/15/GEM/00018 – Abdulaziz Sani
- SPS/15/MAE/00134 – Okafor Azuka Joel
- SPS/14/GAF/00086 – Amina Abdullahi
On the case of candidate SPS/13/MPA/00147 – Abdul Ibrahim, the Senate requested the Department of Political Science to investigate how the candidate got the Answer Booklet and who helped him to smuggle the Booklet among others.
a) Candidate SPS/1 5/MEM/00 100 – Mahmoud Iya Hamid was rusticated for one (1) semester for being involved in examination misconduct in accordance with category 3.4.2 (Bii) of the General Regulation Governing Postgraduate Studies (GRGPS).
b) The following candidates were exonerated since a case of examination misconduct could not be established against them. Their respective Departments were requested to process and release their results:
- MED/13/PY S/00012 – Auwal Sulaiman Salisu
- MED/13/PYS/00063 – Hamza GarbaDanyaro
According to Amina Umar Abdullahi, Deputy Registrar, DEAR, the following resolutions were also made among others:
- Lecturers/Examiners to stop asking students to submit assignments during examinations or conducting tests after examinations.
- All Continuous Assessments (CA) should be concluded before examinations and students should be informed of their scores one (1) week before the examinations.
- In all cases of examination misconduct involving handsets, the handsets shall not be released back to the owners.
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.