Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2016/2017 Admission Screening Exercise
, for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level). These ONLINE
screening exercises are mandatory requirements for entry into Lagos State University.
There shall be two rounds of Online Admission Screening Exercises for First Choice (More Preferred) and Second Choice (Preferred). The Online Admission Screening Exercise for the Second Choice (Preferred) candidates shall not take place until late September/October 2016 when the first round would have been concluded.
2. ELIGIBILITY FOR FIRST ROUND
i. Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University(LASU) as their First Choice (More Preferred) institution in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the First Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
ii. ALL Direct Entry candidates who wish to be considered for admission into LASU for the 2016/2017 academic session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
iii. Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels will be required (if admitted) to prove their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
iv. Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2016/2017 Academic Session. Therefore, only candidates that have chosen any of the under listed courses should apply.
– Christian Religious Studies
– Islamic Religious Studies
– History & International Studies
– Theatre Arts
– Portuguese / English
– Arabic Education
– CRS Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– English Education
– French Education
– History Education
– Yoruba Education
– Biology Education
– Chemistry Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Health Education
– Computer Science Education
– Educational Technology
– Business Education
– Accounting Education
– Educational Management
– Geography Education
– Economics Education
– Political Science Education
3 LAW – Common/Civil Law
4. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE – Agriculture
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
– Public Administration
– Banking & Finance
– Management Technology
– Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
6. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION – Mass Communication
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– Computer Science
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
– Medicine & Surgery
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
10. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT – Transport
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Chemical and Polymer Engineering
3 METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. ONLINE PAYMENT (FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY PAID FOR LASU ADMISSION SCREENING)
1. Prospective Candidates will visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top, to make the required payment of N5,000 (Platform Access Fee N2,500, Screening fee N2,500) for the 2016/2017 LASU Admission Screening Exercise.
The prospective candidates would be required to submit the following:
- JAMB Registration Number
- Surname, First name, Middle name
- Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
2. Click on PROCEED
3. On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
4. On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
(i) Click on PAY
(ii) Enter your email address, GSM number.
(iii) Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
(iv) Proceed to enter details of your ATM card
(v) Click Process payment
(vi) Print your Payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-rnail address and GSM number.
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES
1. After successful payment for LASU 2016/2017 Online Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ngand select CONTINUE REGISTRATION option in the drop down list at the top.
2. Prospective candidates should enter the required details (JAMB Registration number, surname and Mode of Entry – UME or DE).
3. Click on PROCEED button to load/update the Registration Form.
Each applicant is expected to complete/update the registration form by providing the following information.
- Candidates will be required to upload a scanned copy of their passport size photograph (File Size: Not more than 20KB; File format: JPEG [i.e. ‘jpg’]). Application for change of passport photograph by candidates given provisional admission shall NOT be allowed. This same passport photograph, uploaded by such candidates, will be used on their degree certificates.
- ONLY TWO CHOICES OF COURSE OF STUDY ARE ALLOWED
- Carefully study the agreement form. If you agree to the stated terms, click on the ‘I agree’ button on the left-hand side of the page.
Note: If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point. Please read and understand the terms before registering/updating.
- Fill in all required details contained on the online registration form. Confirm THAT DETAILS ARE ACCURATE then click FINISH. To make changes, before you click finish, you may click on the Edit button.
- Candidates must possess five (5) O’ Level credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than two sittings, except Medicine that requires ONLY 1 sitting.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
- Candidates awaiting the result of NABTEB, NECO (June/July) 2016, areeligible to apply. Note that any examination taken after July 2016 shall not be accepted.
- Make sure you print your Registration Form/Slip as this serves as your entry ticket into the screening hall.
C. ONLINE SCREENING FOR ALL FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES
- The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in five BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidates Choice of Course
- The relevant subjects are obtainable from JAMB brochure 2016 available online athttp://www.jamb.org.ng/Unifiedtme3/Brochure.aspx
- Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the OLevel subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
- In the Screening step, Candidates are expected to fill-in ONLY FIVE (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects as contained in JAMB Brochure 2016 online.
- The Point grading system is as follows:
The Point grading system is as follows:
OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
A2 (B2) 9
A3 (B3) 8
TOTAL OBTAINABLE 50 %
Candidate should know that both payment and registration/updating would last one  week, August 31 – September 6, 2016 (12 midnight).
PLEASE NOTE that candidates who had earlier responded to the previous advertisement placed in the Guardian Newspaper of Friday, 10th June, 2016 and the The Nation Newspaper of Monday, 13th June, 2016 and who had completed their online registration, need not apply again.
However, they are expected to update their records as indicated in (c) above.