ADMISSION INTO PROFESSIONAL/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES AND NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) FOR THE 2016/2017 ACADEMIC SESSION.
The Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu, Nigeria, invites applications from suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION INTO THE UNDERLISTED Professional/Certificate programmes and National Diploma (ND) of the school for the 2016/2017 Academic session.
- PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES (3 months/6 months/9 months)
- Professional Boat Driving (Outboard & Inboard)
- Welding and Fabrication
- Electrical Installation and Management
- Ship Management
- Engine Maintenance (Outboard & Inboard)
- Ship/Boat Building
- Industrial Safety
- Purchasing and Supply
- CERTIFICATE COURSES
- Standard and Training Certificate on Watch Keeping (STCW)
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Certificate of Competence (COC)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR)
- Elementary First Aid
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES (2 YEARS)
- Marine Engineering
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Ship & Boat Building Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Water Transportation option)
- Computer Engineering
- Nautical Science & Seamanship
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Fisheries & Fisheries Technology
- Computer Science
- Industrial Safety & Environmental Management
- Estate Management
- Survey & Geo-Informatics
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Maritime Transport & Business Management
Entry Requirement for the National Diploma (ND) Programmes:
- SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB/NBC ordinary level or its equivalent with credits in four (4) Subjects relevant to the course, obtained at not more than two (2) sittings;
- For Engineering Technology, Science Engineering, Ship and Boat Building Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Nautical Science and Seamanship options; credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry are compulsory and any other Science subject. Credit in Mathematics and Physics are compulsory and any other two science subjects (Biology/Agricultural science, Basic Electronics, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Metal Work). Geography, Economics and Statistics may be considered.
- For Engineering Technology Department, the National Technical Certificate (NTC) with relevant credits may be accepted.
- For Science Laboratory Technology, credit in Mathematics, and any other two science subjects (Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics/Chemistry) Credit in one and a pass may be accepted.
- For Fisheries and Fisheries Technology, credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science and any two from the following Subjects:- Geography, Mathematics, Economics, Physics and pass in Chemistry are accepted. At least a pass in English Language is required.
- For Industrial Safety and Environmental Management, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science are compulsory, plus one other subject from physics, Economics and Technical Drawing.
- A pass in English language is acceptable for all Engineering Technology, Science and Technology course option, Industry Safety and Environmental Management and Survey and Geo-informatics course options.
- for Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning course option, credit in option Mathematics, English Language and Geography are Compulsory plus one other from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing/Fine Arts, Economics/Commerce.
- For survey and Geo-informatics, physics, mathematics and Geography are compulsory, plus credit in any other subjects from Biology, Technical Drawing and Economics.
- For (1D) Business Administration and Management Technology Department, credit passes, in English Language and Mathematics, are Compulsory for Accounting, Business Administration and Marketing course options; plus any two (2) credits from the following; Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, Government/History, Geography, and Statistics.
- For Public Administration course option, four credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics Government/History, and any one from Accounts Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods Commerce, Economics, Geography ad Statistics.
- Maritime Transport and Business Management course option, credits in Mathematics and English Language are compulsory plus credit in any other three subject from Accounts, Agricultural/History, Statistics and Additional Mathematics.
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC), City and Guilds/WAEC Technical or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in all the trade modules/four (4) academic subjects relevant to the programme.
Note: Candidates with deficiency in their SSCE/NABTEB/WAEC would be admitted
They are expected to remedy their deficiency (ies) before graduation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- All interested candidates are required to log on to the Institution’s portal and click Application for Admission. Fill the required information and print Payment Notification Slip, thereafter, proceed to any Zenith Bank Branch Nationwide for Direct Deposit of the sum of #5,500.00 in favour of Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu and #1,000.00 for online application fee.
Note: Your Applicant ID is required to make payment in the Bank.
On completion of payment of application fee at the Bank, log on to portal to print acknowledgement form to be presented at the venue of entrance examination.
OR MANUAL APPLICATION:
Application forms can also be obtained manually upon the presentation of a #6,500.00 teller from any Ecobank branch nationwide paid into Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu Account No. 1392015732.
Forms can be obtained from any of the following centers,
- Warri; DESOMATECH liason Office, Government Jetty, behind Ecobank main market.,
- Burutu; Admissions Office, Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu.
- Asaba. Directorate of Transport, new Secretariat 1st floor, Asaba
- Agbor; Directorate of Transport, VIO’s Office, after Alihame, Junction, Agbor
- Ughelli; Directorate of Transport, VIO’s Office, by Road Safety Office, Ughelli
- Abraka; Directorate of Transport, VIO’s Office, opp Agofure park, Abraka
- Warri. St. Charles Education Service; No. 6 Eje-Mudarho Strt. Opp. Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Palace, close to cinema site, Okumagba layout, Warri, Delta State.
- Bomadi. Post Primary Education Board, Zonal office, Bomadi, along Bomadi-Gbaregolor Road, Bomadi.
- Kwale. Delta State School of Marine Technology, Kwale Campus by Utagba-Ogbe Technical College, Kwale.
- Gbaregolor. Delta State School of Marine Technology, Gbaregolor Campus, Gbaregolor.
- Ughelli. Dominion Café/ Educational Center, 29 Isoko Road, Ughelli
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, 13th October, 2016
The closing date for online and manual application is Thursday, 13th October, 2016
aptitude test holds on Saturday, 15th October, 2016 at 10.00amin any of the centers of choice indicated in candidate’s application form.
- Delta State School of Marine Technology. Burutu, Delta State.
- College of Education, Warri, Delta State.
- College of Education, Agbor, Delta State.
- Delta State School of Marine Technology, Kwale Campus by Utagba-Ogbe Technical College, Kwale.
- Esenabe College, Bomadi.
All successful candidates are to come with the printed copy of their application form, copies of their credentials to the Admissions Office, Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu for Clearance/Screening.
For Further information, please call any of the following hotlines; 08033873228, 07068582987, 08039387740.
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.