The Federal University Gusau in Zamfara, has rusticated 15 students and expelled two others over various cases of examination misconduct.
According to the Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Magaji Garbage, who made the disclosure while inspecting ongoing Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination [UTME] in Gusau on Tuesday, the University Governing Board took the measure to serve as deterrent to other students who might indulge in examination malpractice.
“Out of the 17 students that were caught in examination misconduct, only two students did not appear at the Senate meeting for interrogation; and so, they were expelled.
“The remaining 15 students were rusticated, which means they will miss one academic session, and will resume after serving their punishment.
“This will serve as a lesson to other students to behave themselves, study well and be of good behaviour,’’ he said.
The vice chancellor, who serves as JAMB Chief External Examiner for the 2017 UTME in the state, said the examination was going on peacefully and smoothly in all the centres. (NAN)
- NSCDC Recruitment Screening Date 2019/2020 | Check Civil Defence Screening Date
- NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020 PDF | Civil Defence Recruitment
- NDLEA Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020 | NDLEA Recruitment
- Check NDLEA Recruitment Aptitude Test Results 2019/2020 | NDLEA Exam Result Checker
- INEC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2020/2021 | Download List In PDF Here
- cdfipb.careers – Update NSCDC Profile & Print Slip 2020 | Civil Defence Recruitment
- JAMB UTME Results 2020: Check Results on JAMB Portal | jamb.org.ng
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.