The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the establishment of Engineering courses and other new academic Programmes in Abia State University from the 2016/2017 session.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor E. Uche Ikonne, who announced this during the 208th Regular Meeting of the University Senate, disclosed that the approval followed a successful Resource Verification visit by the Commission to the University.
The Vice-Chancellor further announced the approved academic programmes to include:
A. Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
B. Faculty of Health Sciences
- Public Health.
Candidates who sat for the 2016 UTME Examination and scored 180 and above are therefore invited to apply for admission into these courses for the 2016/2017 academic session.
Dr. (Mrs) Evelyn Iheukwumere
Registrar/Secretary to Senate
- YABATECH & Kaduna Poly Now Renamed to “City University of Technology”
- FG Declares June 12th as Democracy Day, Scrapes May 29th
- FG Scraps HND Programme Certificate, Makes New Rules for Polytechnics
- Nigerian Universities to Begin Degree Programmes in Herbal Medicine
- Easter Break 2018: FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays
- Nigerian Army Exam & Zonal Centers In The 36 States of the Federation
- ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike Action Nationwide
- Workers’ Day 2017: FG Declares Monday 1st May As Public Holiday
- Bill to Abolish Discrimination Between HND/BSc. Passes Second Reading
- Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) To Begin Nationwide Strike
- List Of Nigerian Specialized Varsities To Drop Law & Accounting Courses
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi 2016/2017 Admission Process Closure Notice
- LAUTECH 2016/2017 Notice To All Newly Admitted Candidates
- NEKEDEPOLY 2016/2017 Change Of Institution/Course Notice To Admitted Candidates
- IBBU 2016/2017 Notice To Returning Students On Fees Invoice Generation