JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, has disclosed the lack of funds in conducting the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
He stated that despite charging candidates the stipulated N5,000 exam fee, JAMB was still unable to fund the exam.
Mr Oloyede further said that JAMB usually contracted third parties to do most things while some commission will be given to them.
According to the Registrar, conducting examinations across the country requires human participation.
Invigilators are recruited and the cost of setting exam questions are expensive.
Oloyede also revealed the capital involved in the preparation process of the examination.
He said, “The capital allocation is N1billion, the release so far is N45.57million, the overhead cost is N50million allocated but N24.9million is what we have received so far.
“The 24.9million given is not sufficient to pay electricity bills because all the 36 states and zonal offices depend on what comes from headquarters for their funding.”
The Registrar urged the National Assembly to review the result to be valid for three years.
- NSCDC Recruitment Screening Date 2019/2020 | Check Civil Defence Screening Date
- NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020 PDF | Civil Defence Recruitment
- NDLEA Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020 | NDLEA Recruitment
- Check NDLEA Recruitment Aptitude Test Results 2019/2020 | NDLEA Exam Result Checker
- INEC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2020/2021 | Download List In PDF Here
- cdfipb.careers – Update NSCDC Profile & Print Slip 2020 | Civil Defence Recruitment
- JAMB UTME Results 2020: Check Results on JAMB Portal | jamb.org.ng
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.