MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE
CONTINUING EDUCATION CENTRE
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike invites applications for admission into the B.Sc. Part Time Programmes of the Continuing Education Centre(CEC) in the various Colleges of the University for the 2016/2017 Academic Session. Applications are invited into the following areas.
Before applying to the Undergraduate (B.Sc.) Part-Time programmes at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, check below to see the General Admission Requirements into the Part Time programmes, programme-specific requirements and the Application Process.
General Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the Undergraduate (B.Sc.) PartTime programme of the University, the candidate must possess five (5) O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
A. COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS, RURAL SOCIOLOGY AND EXTENSION(CAERSE)
B. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION(COED)
C. COLLEGE OF CROP AND SOIL SCIENCE (CCSS)
D. COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES (COLPAS)
E. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COLMAS)
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSIONS
Direct Entry Admissions is based on a combination of O’Level Results in addition to possession of at least two A-Level Passes or NCE, OND or HND in the following areas of study:
- Agricultural Science
- Science Education
- Building Technology
- Environmental Health
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
A. Duration of Programmes in 1,2 & 3 above:
- A minimum of Six (6) years for candidates with:
- Ordinary Level Certificate
- OND/ND at Lower Credit Level
- NCE at Merit/Credit Levels
- A minimum of Five (5) years for candidates with
- OND/ND at Upper Credit Levels
- NCE at Distinction Level
- HND at Lower Credit Level
- A minimum of Four (4) years for candidates with HND at Upper Credit Level
B. Duration of Programmes in 4 & 5 above:
- A minimum of Five (5) years for candidates with O’ Level Qualifications
- A minimum of Four (4) years for candidates with OND/ND and HND at Lower Credit in relevant areas, obtained from recognized institutions
- A minimum of Three (3) years for candidates with HND at Upper Credit Level
MEHTOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should pay the sum of N5,000 being cost of Admission form into CEC Account Number 0013200005 with the University Microfinance Bank. Such candidates should then visit the University web portal at www.mouauportal.edu.ng
, click on the CEC Application Portal and follow the procedure for completing the online application form.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms for the 2016/2017 Academic Session is Six (6) Weeks from the date of this publication.