Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike invites applications for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes of the University for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
?For Complete List of Available Programmes, Click Here To View
Note: The M.V.Sc. Pathobiology is for Veterinary Graduates, while the M.Sc. Pathobiology is for Non- Veterinary Graduates with acceptable degrees in Basic Sciences and Medical Laboratory Science.
To be eligible for admission to a Postgraduate programme of the University, the candidate must possess five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects at not more than two sittings.
A. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To be eligible for admission to the PGD programme, candidates must be holders of third class honors first degree in a relevant discipline from any university or holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) at minimum of upper Credit in a relevant discipline. For unclassified HND Certificates, a CGPA of 3.5(5- point scale) and 3.00 (4-point scale) or 60% shall be taken as equivalent to upper credit.
B. MASTERS DEGREE (M.Sc.)
To be eligible for admission to the Master’s degree programme, candidates must.
i. Be graduates of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike or any other recognized Universities by Senate and shall have obtained a first degree with at least Second Class Honors.
ii. Possess a first degree with Third Class Honors from a recognized University and at least an Upper Credit at Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field, or
iii. Possess the Higher National Diploma (HND), with at least Upper Credit and Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution, or
iv. Any other certificate or qualification that may be acceptable to Senate.
C. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE (Ph.D.).
To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, a candidate shall have obtained a Master’s Degree which includes course work and research from this or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate in relevant disciplines, with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 4.0 (5- point scale) or 3.00 (4- point scale).
Method of Application
Interested candidate should obtain application forms from the Postgraduate School with ten thousand naira (N10, 000) paid by obtaining RRR (Remita Code) through which payment will be made to Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike at any bank. With the teller, obtain a receipt from the bursary unit of Postgraduate School.
Completed application forms and all relevant documents should be enclosed in an envelope marked PG Admission and return to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Umuahia, Abia State.
Academic transcript should be forwarded from the institution of origin to the same address before the closing date. Please note that any candidate whose transcript is not received will NOT be considered for admission.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms and transcript for the 2017/2018 is two months from date of publication.
Mrs. Jacinta .N. Ogwo-Agu.
P.S: if you encounter any challenges during registration, kindly contact the University Portal Office by sending an email to email@example.com
- MOUAU 2018/2019 Pre-Degree Admission Form Out
- MOUAU 2018/2019 School Fees Schedule is Out
- MOUAU 2018/2019 UTME/DE 1st Batch Admission List is Out
- MOUAU Notice to 2018/2019 UTME Candidates on Manual Verification
- MOUAU 2018/2019 Direct Entry Admission Screening Form Out
- MOUAU 2018/2019 Post UTME Screening Results Out Online
- MOUAU 2018/2019 Post-UTME Admission Screening Form Out
- MOUAU 2017/2018 Revised Academic Calendar
- MOUAU 2017/2018 Fresher’s Orientation Exercise Schedule Out
- MOUAU 2017/2018 Part-Time Degree (CEC) Admission List Out – 1st Batch
- MOUAU 2017/2018 Freshers Acceptance Fee, Registration & Clearance
- MOUAU 2017/2018 Part-Time Degree (CEC) Admission Form Out
- MOUAU 2017/2018 School Fees Schedule For New & Returning Students
- MOUAU 8th Convocation Ceremony Schedule Announced – 2017
- MOUAU 2017/2018 Direct Entry Screening Results Out