Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja UTME/admission screening exercise for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Nile University Admission Procedures.
Nigerian students seeking admission into the University must take the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Examination or UTME and obtain the approved cut-off mark for that year. Also the candidates are required to present 5 credits at no more than two sitting. Please refer to your respective faculty for full requirements other useful information and/or specifications.
Unlike Nigerian applicants, all foreign applicants must provide their corresponding Examination Results as well as their academic transcript of previous high schools.
Transfer & Direct Entry Students:
Direct Entry candidates are those who have completed one of the following: OND, HSE, HND, ‘A’ level GCE, SBS, and IJMB or any other higher qualification. For this method of entry to NTNU, candidates who have 9 points or above will be admitted to 200level based on the three subjects taken. Generally, those candidates who have below 9 points will be admitted to commence at 100 Level.
Transfer candidates from national universities are generally given preference except in cases where the candidate is on academic probation. In such cases, the candidate may be admitted to a lower level. For this method of admission, a grade point average of 1.50 CGPA (3rd class) on a 5.0 scale will permit the candidate to transfer and commence from their appropriate level.
Additionally, admission into an undergraduate degree program of the University shall be based on the Faculty and Departmental requirements, visit your respective Faculty for more. Alternatively, you can check Entry Requirements for all programmes offered by NTNU.
Method Of Application.
Admissions shall be opened to all, irrespective of Nationality, Sex, Physical ability and Religion provided that the applicant duly completed his/her application form, and with valid information accordingly.
Each candidate complete the online application form accessible through the link below.
Note: The University conducts a Screen Exercise prior to the offer of admission which is mandatory for all applicants. Please do carefully read the below procedures for more on Screening and other placement issues.
SCHOLARSHIP & DISCOUNT TERMS (2017/2018)
- International Olympiads (IMO, IPHO, ICHO, IBO, IOI, PAMO, PASO) participants will be offered a 50 % scholarship while medalists will get 100% scholarship
- Students with JAMB scores between 220- 400 or WASSCE grades of 3A’s – 9 A’s will get scholarships ranging from 10% – 80%. However, students applying for Law will require a minimum of 240 in JAMB or 4 A’s in WASSCE.
- Students with 3 A’s and above in WASSCE together with a JAMB score of 300 and above will get 100% scholarship.
Note: apart from the above offer in No 3, students will only be allowed to use either JAMB or WASSCE results but not both. Also, all scholarships are offered to a limited number of students for each department
- Students with outstanding performance in sports at national or professional level will get 100% scholarship.
- Parents will get the following discount it they have more than one child in NUN or NTIC:
– 2 children – 5% discount for each child
– 3 children – 10% discount for each child
– 4 children – 15% discount for each child
– 5 children – 20% discount for each child
- NTIC graduates coming to NUN get 15% discount
- Postgraduate studies:
– NUN first class graduates get 100% discount
– NUN second class upper graduates get 50% discount
– NUN second class lower graduates get 40% discount
– NUN staff with 3 years experience get 80% discount
– NTIC graduates get 30 %
Three individuals from the same corporate organization get a discount of 10% for each person, five people and above get a discount of 20% for each person and ten people and above get a discount of 30% for each person. Please note that none of the scholarship and discount terms and conditions apply to Medicine & Surgery Department
Scholarships & Discounts are valid for 2017/2018 term
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.