The Nysc redeployment scheme was established based on three main factors, Marital or Health ground and recently added Security ground. But many of us only talk about redeployment if the state of deployment isn’t favorable to us or probably surrounded by life and death situation (Boko haram). Many corps members wants to redeploy to another state closer to home or if possible demobilized home, But what many don’t understand is the procedure to follow, who to approach, and on what grounds will a redeployment request be considered by NYSC board.
First thing to note here is that, not all corps members needed to write NYSC redeployment letter and submit to NYSC. During my time, I did not write, because I have no reason to write. The only set of corps member who it becomes compulsory for them to write a redeployment letter are corpers who are not satisfied with their States of deployment, and wanted relocation to another States due to reasons best known to them.
Are you interested in leaving the State of your redeployment? If yes..It becomes compulsory for you to write a letter of redeployment to seek NYSC approval right from camp.
Let me believe you already have your medical or marriage certificate with you for relocation in the camp. Now you go and obtain NYSC redeployment form and fill it. Then, you write a letter to join the other two before you submit it.
The National Youth Service Corps will only consider requests that meet the requirements below:
- Marital Ground: Marital ground is usually only considered for female corps members who want to move to the state of residence of their husband. A corps member who wants to be relocated to another state, should after the Swearing-in Ceremony apply in his/her writing stating why he/she wants to be relocated. The application should be addressed to the Director-General through the State Coordinator. If you are applying on marital ground, you are to attach the following:
- Marriage Certificate
- Change of name in any of the National Newspaper
- A letter from your husband’s office as an evidence that your husband is domiciled in the state you want to relocate to.
- Medical Ground: You will need a medical report from our institution’s medical Centre or a recognized General Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Military/Police Hospital reports. And claimed to medical case history are subject to further confirmation to establish their authenticity.
- Security Ground: States affected are: Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe, and other Northern states in that region. This has been a major concern in the country and the trend of Boko haram is on the high-rise, most Northern states are not safe anymore, every day we hear strange news about Boko haram, moving from one Northern states to the next. This actually breaks the heart of a prospective corps member when he/she sees their call up letter showing state of deployment Adamawa state. Parents won’t even allow their children to go to camp for the orientation exercise and even if they allow them go, their mind won’t be at rest, just because the security of this country is terrible and the so-called government can’t do anything about it.
The whole aim of N.Y.S.C has been defeated, let’s stop deceiving ourselves. I bet those in power would never allow their children go anywhere near the north. In the first place why did Nysc post prospective corps members to those places? What security measures have they taken to protect corps members in Northern states? Yes we know Nysc change the Orientation camps to safer states, but wasn’t N.Y.S.C supposed to be for national integration? but its purpose has been defeated. The same way NYSC officials would want to love and protect their Children so also every parent would want to protect his or her child.
NOTE: Fake Medical Reports Attract Sanctions
Contents Of NYSC Redeployment Letter
What are the things that are contained in the NYSC relocation letter? You need to know this. NYSC redeployment letter is not like the love letter you write to that beautiful/handsome girl/guy. It is a formal letter and it has its own procedures.
- The first thing that must be on the letter is your address at the top right hand-side of you booklet
- By Your left is the address of NYSC D.G in Abuja, then you write “through”
- Your NYSC State Coordinator, Then “through”
- Your State Camp director. Then full stop.
- Title (e.g Application For Redeployment Back To Borno State)
- Body of the letter
- Your name and signature. If Possible, your NYSC State code.
Note: The letter must have this order of address…
NYSC DG (full address),
Followed by State Cordinator
Followed By Camp Director.
Format Of NYSC Redeployment Letter With Address
Osun State NYSC Cordinator,
No.xxx Ikirun road
Osun State NYSC Camp Director,
Application For Redeployment To Maiduguri
I Zakari Bola Oluchi with NYSC State code xxxxxxxx, hereby write to request for redeployment back to Borno State. This is to enable me have frequent access to medical care and treatment from my doctors in Maiduguri while continue to serve my father land in the State.
Attached with this letter, are my NYSC redeployment form and medical certificate to enable you consider my application. I will really appreciate if my application is favorably considered. Thanks.
Note: If you are a married woman, just signify that you are married and attached your marriage certificate instead of medical cert.
Which Is The NYSC Certifictae Number
This is another question I will like to answer using this medium. Most times, you come across this all the time and you don’t know how to go about it. It do left people with no option than to keep asking questions such as, which is my NYSC certificate number?
Let me ask you this, as a job applicant or M.Sc applicants, when asked for your NYSC certifiacte number, which do you write; do you just write,
- the number on the certificate?
- your NYSC discharge number?
If you want to carry out NYSC Redeployment, don’t use fake medical reports as it now attracts strict sanctions. You can ask Nysc for redeployment on three grounds, Health, Marital Status and now Security concerns. The DG of NYSC has vowed to strictly scrutinize all medical reports submitted and sanction corps members who use fake or forged reports.
The DG has vowed to punish corps members falsifying medical reports to secure deployment to new stations.
He said several medical reports submitted by corps members were found to be fake, and that subsequent certificates will undergo stringent validation, including confirmation with the respective hospitals.
Speaking in Abuja, he, said that relocation due to security challenges in some part of Nigeria will be treated strictly.
“On the case of relocation, the management will apply full weight of the law on any corps member that procures fake medical papers for the purpose of effecting relocation,” he said.
“I wish to make it clear that medical papers submitted for the purpose of seeking for relocation will be subjected to thorough scrutiny and any case of forgery will be visited with commensurate punishment in line with the NYSC bye-law.”
He said that a review was carried out on the documents submitted by the batch a corps members currently in camp, and many were confirmed to have been forged.
“This year all the medical papers we got we have sorted them out state by state and sent them to all the secretariat and we ask them to go the hospital to find out if the papers are real, but to our greatest surprise, we found out that those hospital don’t exists and where the hospitals exist no doctor and when there are doctors , the signature was forged so we have decided that those corps members will not go unpunished and they will also be queried and asked to do labour work,” he said.