Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye has again emerged as the Best State University in Nigeria for the year 2016. The award was presented to the University by the Institute for Governance Research, Leadership and Technology at a colourful event that took place on Friday, 28th October, 2016 at the Nicon Luxury Hotel , Abuja.
While reading the citation of the University, the Institute’s Chairman, Technical Committee, Prof. John Akanya, OON, stated that OOU was adjudged the best based on its outstanding performance in the following areas:
- Excellent in University infrastructure development and management
- Expertise in University academic, non-academic staff recruitment pattern
- Competent in student admission administration, training and development
- Proficiency in University asset protection and security staff management
- Campus general performance, operational excellence and management
- Compliance with professional codes, ethical standards and strategy
- Compliance with government regulatory laws and guidelines
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Saburi Adejimi Adesanya while receiving the award on behalf of the University thanked the Institute for exhibiting due diligence and high ethical standard in arriving at the choice of OOU as the best.
rofessor Adesanya reminded the audience that in the year 2014, the National Universities Commission (NUC) ranked the University as the Best State University in Nigeria, thus “I was not surprised when OOU was chosen this year for the premier award by your organization” He affirmed that the University had witnessed great transformation in the areas of physical infrastructure and academic development. Hence, the University deserved the award. He assured the gathering that the University would work assiduously towards sustaining the tempo of the development. He, thereafter, dedicated the award to the entire staff and students of the University for their cooperation.
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.