RMIT University calls for applications for 2016/2017 scholarship in post-graduate research from international students. Scholarships are awarded to International students commencing a research degree (Masters or PhD) on the basis of academic excellence and research potential.
To be considered for scholarship you must hold, or be currently completing:
- a Master by research
- a Master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent
- a Honours degree achieving first class honours
- a 4 year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above).
If you do not hold one of the above qualifications, you will only be considered for scholarship if you have previous publications or significant research experience. All other applicants will be considered ineligible.
Applicants applying for scholarship must be in receipt of a RMIT program offer for the relevant application period, by the close of the scholarship round to be considered.
You must have been offered a program place that is not conditional on meeting English language requirements OR provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the research program before the closing date of the scholarship application.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- not already hold a PhD or equivalent, if applying for a PhD
- not already hold a Master by research or equivalent, if applying for a Master by research program
- provide details of any external funding for tuition or living expenses that you have received or applied for
- hold an Australian student visa for the term of the scholarship and comply with the conditions of the visa.
RMIT will consider you ineligible if:
- you commenced your research program prior to scholarship commencement period in which you are applying
- you have not met the RMIT English requirements by the close of the scholarship round
- you are currently receiving another equivalent award or scholarship, providing a benefit greater than 75% of the 2016 APA base rate ($26,288) to undertake the research degree.
How to apply:
For information relating to scholarship opening rounds and to apply for scholarship, please refer to the instructions detailed on research scholarships