UniAbuja 2016 Post-graduate admission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) postgraduate programmes for the 2016/2017 academic session.
UNIABUJA postgraduate programmes lead to the award of :
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Business Administration (PGDBA), Public Administration (PGDPA), Political Science, Banking and Finance (PGDBF), Diplomatic Studies, Statistics, Engineering, Food Hygiene, Veterinary Epidemiology, Crop Production, Agronomy, Agro Forestry, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Agric Business Management, Soil, Animal Science, Environmental Planning and Protection (PGDEPP), Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies.
- Master of Arts (M.A), Master of Education (M.Ed), Master of Science (M.Sc), Master of Law (LL.M), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Master of Environmental Planning and Protection (MEPP), Master of Public Health, Master of Engineering, Master of Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology and
- Doctorate (Ph.D) in various areas of specialisation in the listed Faculties and Departments.
UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission – General Entry Requirements.
- A candidate for Postgraduate studies in the University of Abuja must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalents, including English and Mathematics.
- Candidates applying for the M.A, M.Ed. M.Eng. MVPH and M.Sc. degree programme in any field must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with at least second class lower in the relevant discipline.
- A candidate applying for Ph.D in any programme of the University of Abuja must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% (4 points) letter grade ‘B’ average performance in the Master’s degree.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D with a Master’s degree from any other University, who in His/Her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents, similar to the ones in the University of Abuja shall on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% (4 points) or a letter grade ‘B’.
- Candidates seeking for admission into any of the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must possess a University degree with minimum grade of third class or HND with a minimum grade of lower credit in the relevant subject area with three (3) years post qualification experience.
How to apply for UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission.
Application forms can be obtained online via unibuja.com, click Postgraduate School, print procedure to access sales of forms from the portal, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR), make payment online (Form Fee N20,500), fill form online, save and submit and Print the Following-Receipt, Summary of the Form, Acknowledgement Slip and Referee Form or request your Referees to fill Referee Form online. Please note that the sale of application forms commences on Wednesday 25th May, 2016.
NOTE: Candidates are to request their former institutions to indicate the Course/Department for/to which they applied, while sending academic transcripts to the University. Completed referees’ forms and academics transcripts should reach the Secretary, Postgraduate school, University of Abuja, P.M.B. 117 Abuja not later than two (2) weeks after the close of submission of application form.
UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission – Closing Date.
The online entry application form will close on Tuesday 20th July, 2016 (Eight weeks) at 11:59pm. Completed application forms and other attached relevant documents are to be sent to: