Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the the University of Abuja postgraduate school for 2017/2018 academic session.
1) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Department of Crop Science
PGD in Crop Protection, PGD in Agronomy, PGD in Agro Forestry, M.Sc. Crop Protection, M.Sc. Agronomy, M.Sc. Agro Forestry, Ph.D. Crop Protection, Ph.D. Agronomy, Ph.D. Agro Forestry
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
PGD Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, PGD Agric Business Management, M.Sc. Agricultural Economics, M.Sc. Development Economics, M. Sc. Environmental Economics, M. Sc. Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, Ph.D. Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology
- Department of Soil Science
PGD – Soil Science, M.Sc. – Soil Science, M.Phil/Ph.D – Soil Science, Ph.D – Soil Science
- Department of Animal Science
PGD – Animal Science, M. Sc. – Animal Science ,Ph.D – Animal Science
2) FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of History and Diplomatic Studies
Post-Graduate Diploma in Diplomatic Studies (PGDDS), M.A. in Diplomatic Studies, M.A. in Nigerian and African History, M.Phil/Ph.D in Nigerian and African History, M.Phil/Ph.D in Diplomatic Studies, Ph.D in Nigerian and African History, Ph.D in Diplomatic Studies
- Department of Theatre Arts
Postgraduate Diploma in Media Arts, Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Arts, M.A in Media Arts, M.A in Theatre Arts, Ph.D in Media Arts, Ph.D in Theatre Arts
- Department of English
English Literature – M.A, Ph.D, English Language – M.A, Ph.D
3) COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- Department of Community Medicine
Master of Public Health, Master of Science (M.Sc.) Medical Biochemistry, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Medical Biochemistry
4) FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Postgraduate Diploma Education (PGDE)
Department of Educational Management, M. Ed – Educational Administration and Planning, Ph.D – Educational Administration and Planning
- Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology Educational Psychlogy
Master of Education (M.Ed) – Educational Psychology, Ph.D – Educational Psychology
Guidance and Counseling, Master of Education (M. Ed) – Guidance and Counseling. M.Phil./Ph.D – Guidance and Counseling, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) – Guidance and Counseling
- Departments of Arts and Social Sciences Education (ASSE)
Curriculum Education – M.Ed. & Ph.D, Language Education – M.Ed. & Ph.D, Social Studies Education – M.Ed. & Ph.D
- Department of Science and Environmental Education
Master of Education (M. Ed) Science Education, Master of Education (M. Ed) Mathematics Education, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Science Education, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Mathematics Education
5) FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Civil Engineering
PGD – Civil Engineering, M. Eng. – Civil Engineering, Ph.D – Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
PGD – Chemical Engineering, M. Eng. – Chemical Engineering, Ph.D – Chemical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
PGD – Mechanical Engineering, M. Eng. – Mechanical Engineering, Ph.D – Mechanical Engineering
6) FACULTY OF LAW
Master of Law (LL.M), Doctor of Philosophy in Law (Ph.D. Law)
7) FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of Accounting
Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, Master of Science in Accounting & Finance (M.Sc. Accounting & Finance), Business Administration Department, Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDBA), Master of Science in Business Administration (M.Sc. Business Administration), Ph.D. Management
- Public Administration Department
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Science in Public Administration (M.Sc. Pub. Admin.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) – Public Administration
8) FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Dept. of Biological sciences
M.Sc. – Biology (Environmental), M.Sc. – Botany (Biodiversity), M.Sc. – Zoology (Parasitology), M.Sc. – Zoology (Fisheries), Ph.D – Biology (Environmental), Ph.D – Botany (Biodiversity), Ph.D – Zoology (Parasitology), Ph.D – Zoology (Fisheries)
- Department of Chemistry
Physical Chemistry, M.Sc. – Physical Chemistry, Ph.D – Physical Chemistry; Organic Chemistry, M.Sc.- Organic Chemistry, Ph.D – Physical Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry, M.Sc. Inorganic Chemistry, Ph.D Inorganic Chemistry; Analytical Chemistry, M.Sc Analytical Chemistry, Ph.D Analytical Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
1. Master of Science (M.Sc.) Computer Science with specialization in following areas of Computer Science: Information Security, Software Engineering, Intelligent Systems, Distributed Computing Systems, Computer Networks and Communications, Database Systems
2. Ph.D in Computer Science
- Department of physics
M.Sc./Ph.D – Solid State Physics, M.Sc./Ph.D – Solar Energy Physics, M.Sc./Ph.D – Applied Geophysics
- Department of Mathematics
M.Sc. – Pure Mathematics, Ph.D – Pure Mathematics, M.Sc. – Applied Mathematics, Ph.D – Applied Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology
M.Sc. – Food Microbiology, M.Sc. – Industrial Microbiology, M.Sc. – Environmental Microbiology, Ph.D – Food Microbiology, Ph.D – Industrial Microbiology, Ph.D – Environmental Microbiology
- Department of Statistics
Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics (PGDS), Master of Science (M. Sc), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
9) FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
- Department of Economics
Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDB&F), Masters in Financial Economics (MFE), M.Sc. Economics, Ph.D Economics
- Department of Political Sciences & International Relations
Postgraduate Diploma in Political Sciences (PGDPS), Masters in International Relations and Diplomacy (MIRD), Master of Science (M.Sc. Political Sciences specialization) in International Relations, Political Economy and Development Studies, Policy Analysis, Ph.D in all areas listed in (i) (ii) & (iii), Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D) in Political Science with specialization in: International Relations Political Economy & Development Studies, Policy Analysis
- Department of Sociology
M.Sc./Ph.D – Gender, M.Sc./Ph.D – Development, M.Sc./Ph.D – Industrial, M.Sc./Ph.D – Criminology, M.Sc./Ph.D – Demography, M.Sc./Ph.D – Medical, Postgraduate Diploma in Intercultural Conflicts & Communications (PEDIC)
- Department of Geography and Environmental Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Planning & Protection (PGDEPP), Masters in Environmental Planning and Protection (MEPP), Master of Science (M.Sc.) Geography with specialization in: Environmental Resources Planning, Population and Manpower Planning, Geomorphology, Biogeography, Climatology. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Environmental Resources Planning, Population and Manpower, Geomorphology, Biogeography, Climatology
10) FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Department of Veterinary Medicine
PGD IN Food Hygiene, PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D, Veterinary Epidemiology, MVPH, Ph.D Veterinary Public Health, MVPH. Ph.D Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- Department of Veterinary Microbiology
M.Sc. & Ph.D. Veterinary Microbiology, M.Sc. & Ph.D Bacteriology, M.Sc. & Ph.D Immunology, M.Sc. & Ph.D. Virology
11) CENTRE FOR GENDER SECURITY STUDIES AND YOUTH ADVANCEMENT
- Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies (Part-time), M.A. Gender Studies (Part time)
12) INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies (Part-time).
The University of Abuja offers programmes leading to the award of:
a. Postgraduate Diploma certificates in Education (PGDE), Business Administration (PGDBA), Public Administration (PGDPA), Political Science, Banking and (PGDBF), Diplomatic Studies, Statistics, Engineering, Food Hygiene, Veterinary Epidemiology, Crop Production, Agronomy, Agro Forestry, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Agric Business Management, Soil, Animal Science, Environmental Planning and Protection (PGDEPP), Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies.
b. Master of Arts (M.A), Master of Education (M.Ed), Master of Science (M.Sc), Master of Law (LL.M), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Master of Environmental Planning and Protection (MEPP), Master of Public Health, Master of Engineering, Master of Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology and c. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in various areas of specialization in the listed Faculties and Departments in a and b above.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
i. A candidate for Postgraduate studies in the University of Abuja must have obtained at least five (5) credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO. GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent.
ii. Candidates applying for the M.A, M.Ed. M.Eng., MVPH, MVPM and M.Sc. degrees in any field must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with at least second class lower division in the relevant discipline.
iii. A candidate for Ph.D in any programme of the University of Abuja must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% (4 points) letter grade ‘B’ average performance in the Master’s degree.
iv. A candidate applying for the Ph.D with a Master’s degree from any other University, who in his/her Master’s study had not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalent, similar to the courses in the University of Abuja shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% (4 points) or a letter grade ‘B’.
v. Candidates seeking for admission into any of the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes must possess a University degree with minimum grade of third class or HND with a minimum grade of lower credit.
vi. MBBS, BDS is required of MPH Community Medicine while health related degree is required for MPH Sexual and Reporductive Health.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application forms can be obtained online via http://unibuja.com
- Click Postgraduate School, print procedure to access sales of forms from the portal, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR), make payment online (Form Fee N20,500), fill form online, save and submit
- Print Summary of the Form, Acknowledgement Slip, Referee Forms or request your Referee to fill the Referee Form Online.
- Candidates are to request their former institutions to indicate the Course / Department for /to which they applied, while sending academic transcripts to the University. Completed referees’ forms and academics transcripts should reach the Secretary, Postgraduate school, University of Abuja, P.M.B. 117 Abuja.
The application portal will be opened for a period of Six (6) weeks from the date of this advert. Applicants are advised to fill in and Application forms within this period (22nd May – 2nd July 2017).