University of Port-harcourt (UNIPORT) invites suitably qualified candidates for admission into the one-year pre-degree program for 2016/2017 academic session.The admission is into the faculty of Humanities and Education respectively.
Candidates should possess WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB Ordinary Level with credit passes in 5 relevant subjects. See the list of subjects below for details.
(i) English Language (ii) Mathematics (iii) Chemistry (iv) Physics (v) Economics (vi) Geography (vii) Government (viii) French (ix) Further Mathematics (x) Literature in English (xi) Music (xii) Commerce (xiii) CRK/IRK (xiv) French (xv) History (xvi) Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa (xvii) Agricultural science (xviii) Fine Arts
(A) FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
1. Fine Arts and Design [FAD]
2. French Preparatory (FPP)
3. Linguistics and Communication Studies [LCS]
4 Religious and Cultural Studies [RCS]
5.Theatre and Film Studies [TFS]
6. Music Preparatory [MUS]
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1. Educational Foundations [Education Arts (EDF)]
2. Curriculum Studies and Educational Technology [Education Science (CSET)]
3. Educational Management [Education Social Science (EDM)]
4. Educational Psychology, Guidance and Counselling (EDP)
5. Adult and Non-formal Education (ANE)
6. Human Kinetics and Health Education (HKHE)
CONDITIONS FOR TRANSITION TO DEGREE PROGRAMME
Candidates hoping to transit to the 4-year Degree Programme must meet the minimum cut-off-mark as specified by the University, for each Department. In addition, to the subject requirements, all candidates hoping to transit from the Pre-Degree Programme to the Degree Programme must choose the University of Port Harcourt, write the 2017/2018 UTME, and obtain the national minimum score.
The Programme is for a period of one academic session
Method of Application
Application Forms can be obtained online
on payment of a non-refundable fee of
11, 000.00 (Eleven Thousand Naira Only). Applicants should log on to www.uniport.edu.ng
. Click on Application Procedure for more information.
The names on candidates’ O’ Level Certificates must be the same as what is filled online. Any false information given automatically disqualifies the applicant.
Commencement Date: Monday 13 June, 2016
The sale of Application Forms will close on Friday, 9th September, 2016
The University Aptitude Test will take place on Monday, 26th September, 2016
NOTE WELL: All candidates wishing to transit to the Degree Programme, in addition to the required 5 Credits, must
- Pass the prescribed Pre-Degree examinations
- Have the appropriate Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subject combination and
- Must have the National Minimum Score in the 2017/2018 UTME and must have chosen University of Port Harcourt.
Materials Needed for the Screening Exercise
Candidates are required to come with the following and be at the Venue of the examination at 8.00am
– A clear copy of Photocard printed online
– Biro, HB pencil, eraser
– Non Programmable Calculator